All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Management

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of quattro4quattro4
    @quattro4

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I either couldn't word my search well enough, or its too specific a query.

I am currently living in Perth, and have two (soon to be three) investment properties here that we self manage.

We are looking to move back to Brisbane shortly, and want to continue the "day to day" management of the property, however feel it would be best if we could find a company that would locate tenants and do entry and exit reports for 1-2 weeks rent.

Does anyone know of a mob that does this in Perth?

Thanks in advance,

Q

Profile photo of Kristin Simondson PBREKristin Simondson PBRE
    @kristin-simondson-pbre

Hi quattro4,

Why not bite the bullet and get a full time property manager? The fees are tax deductible and it takes the hassle out of having investment properties if you go with the right agent.

After all, you're too far away to rush over and inspect an urgent repair and how can you be sure you'll have the time to conduct regular inspections? What if the tenant absconds? How will you know if they're sub-letting?

I highly recommend Harcourts (just Google them), they have great systems in place and a high focus on property management. I'm sure you'd be able to negotiate a deal on fees since you have multiple properties.

Profile photo of quattro4quattro4
    @quattro4

Thanks Kristin,

I have considered that, but we would prefer to manage it ourselves.  Even after tax by my estimate it would cost us around 2k extra per annum per property. 

We understand that other people might prefer to have a "hassle free" investment, but for 5-6k per annum in cash we would prefer to do this ourselves!

Thanks for the heads up on Harcourts though.  I will definitely contact them if it comes to that.

Q

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Why not just go with a full time property manager to help you out? It may be a more costly option, but it is also one of your best options.

Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1

Hi,

If you do go the full time property manager, I also support Kristin's recommendation of Harcourt's.  The manage a couple of apartments in my complex and they have worked well with the strata to remove difficult tenants.

Regards

Gibbo

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Hi, a few questions if you don't mind. I only have one away from me but I use a property manager. I self manage some of the closer ones.I know Perth management fees are pretty high compared to other places.

The tenants will have your mobile number for emergencies?

How will you do inspection reports?

How will you handle maintenance issues from Brisbane?

Having lived there maybe you could have a friend you could call and pay them as/if necessary. 

Profile photo of investorjohninvestorjohn
    @investorjohn
    mattsta wrote:
    Why not just go with a full time property manager to help you out? It may be a more costly option, but it is also one of your best options.

Yes, I think mattsta is right. I think too that this is the best option to choose in your case.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.