All Topics / Help Needed! / the banks view on renting a property as holiday rental

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of waydo77waydo77
    Participant
    @waydo77

hi all,

just curious as to how the banks view rental income from an IP when it is being rented as a holiday rental and not on a residential tenancy contract? will they take this rental income into account at all when assessing serviceability for the loan? or will they only take a portion of it say 50%? im guessing it would have be rented as a holiday rental for more than 6 months for them to take it into account?

e.g, i rent it out when i am at 80%LVR and rent it as a holiday rent then 6 months later want to top up my loan to 90% or take out another loan for another IP and they assess my serviceabilitity, just want to know if it would be included or if it would be better to lock the house into a residential tenancy contract for the sake of geting money for another IP down the track..

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Take option b. Without a rental history what are you basing your occupancy rate on? How will you determine outgoings etc….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.