All Topics / Help Needed! / Building Duplex in Holroyd Council (out west in Sydney)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of viralkviralk
    @viralk

Hi

We have just purchased a land 662 square meters in western suburb (Holroyd Council). Aim is to build duplex on this site. I am told by council that we can build duplex. I have never done this before so I wanted tips/guidance on how to proceed further & what sort of things I should keep in mind.

I have two options. Option 1 – I just go to one of the reputed building company such as Clarandon or Rawson houses & ask them to build it for me. Option 1 – I get the design/DA done by town planner & find a small builder?

Which option would be better for us? & any approx idea of building cost?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
    Viral Kanabar

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

call up some builders to get some quotes, the quotes will be vary from builder to builder. when they are on site, they can give you better understanding.

sometimes build a duplex the risk is greater than the profit ( tradesman delay, weather delay, council delay……) just be awared of all the risks associated with anticipated profit.

good luck : )

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of viralkviralk
    @viralk

Thanks. it is for me to live in.

Profile photo of InvestorMickInvestorMick
    Participant
    @investormick

Go the big builder. We are just at the end of a project in the same Council area and it has been a bit of a nightmare to say the least. It has taken us 2 years and 2 months so far and we are maybe 1-2 months of finishing. PM me if you would like to discuss it further.

Mick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.