All Topics / Help Needed! / Building Duplex in Holroyd Council (out west in Sydney)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of viralkviralk
    Join Date: 2003
    Post Count: 65


    We have just purchased a land 662 square meters in western suburb (Holroyd Council). Aim is to build duplex on this site. I am told by council that we can build duplex. I have never done this before so I wanted tips/guidance on how to proceed further & what sort of things I should keep in mind.

    I have two options. Option 1 – I just go to one of the reputed building company such as Clarandon or Rawson houses & ask them to build it for me. Option 1 – I get the design/DA done by town planner & find a small builder?

    Which option would be better for us? & any approx idea of building cost?

    Thank you very much in advance.

    Viral Kanabar

    Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Join Date: 2009
    Post Count: 234

    call up some builders to get some quotes, the quotes will be vary from builder to builder. when they are on site, they can give you better understanding.

    sometimes build a duplex the risk is greater than the profit ( tradesman delay, weather delay, council delay……) just be awared of all the risks associated with anticipated profit.

    good luck : )

    TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

    Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

    Profile photo of viralkviralk
    Join Date: 2003
    Post Count: 65

    Thanks. it is for me to live in.

    Profile photo of InvestorMickInvestorMick
    Join Date: 2008
    Post Count: 55

    Go the big builder. We are just at the end of a project in the same Council area and it has been a bit of a nightmare to say the least. It has taken us 2 years and 2 months so far and we are maybe 1-2 months of finishing. PM me if you would like to discuss it further.


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.