All Topics / Value Adding / Planning approval for multiple flats on a single title

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of willahearnwillahearn
    @willahearn

I’ve got a 1940’s Queenslander in Townsville that was converted into 3 flats a fair while ago (Council Registered). It is 809m2 and zoned Neighborhood Residential, but is directly opposite a suburban shopping centre, 50m from public transport and about 100m from a Mixed Residential zone. The adjacent property of the same size has a brick complex of 8 units (1970’s???) with plenty of units and duplexes in the street.

I am looking at raising the building about 900mm and sliding it across 1.5m to allow 2 new flats underneath and a driveway down the side of the property.

My problem is finding information in the city plan relating to flats. The “multi dwelling code” seems geared at strata titled unit developments. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I should go about approaching council with my application or if flats on one title are treated differently.

Also keen to hear from those who have done something similar before or recommendations on local tradesmen and drafters/designers.

Regards

Will

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

There are no different planning requirements if it is one title or strata title as it is the fire safety & amnesty of the occupant. No one cares if you have one or more titles to the block.

You Will need to comply with the zoning requirements or try for existing use rights if multiple dwellings are not otherwise permissible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.