All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying Land

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of MAQ-WETMAQ-WET
    @maq-wet

Ladies and gents I am looking at buying a block of land to build a house on. Before iI ourchase the land
    what are some of the check i should get done to the land to make sure it is safe to build on?
    Is there one company i can use or do i have to go through a number of people for this?

I live in WA

Any assistance would be appreciated

Profile photo of Matthew_WMatthew_W
    @matthew_w

Well obvious things that firstly come to mind is the council. Ring them up and ask if there are any significant trees on the piece of land that can or can not be removed. This could affect how you build your property and (somewhat) it’s worth.
    You would also need to test the soil. Depending on the type of soil, it could affect your foundations for the house.
    These are just a couple of things to look at prior to purchasing the land. I’m sure others will add more :)

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Check your soil profile.

Some parts of WA have a signifciant underlay of clay and require some additional foundation work.

There has also been a tendency in some parts of WA to do infill projects over long established swamps and lakes.

PS. If you have a floor plan in mind make sure the plans will fit on your chosen block. On a similar note will the block fit an 'appropriately' sized property?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.