All Topics / Overseas Deals / USA vs Aust Tax Years

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of wobblysquarewobblysquare
    Participant
    @wobblysquare

I have an LLC in the USA, that is buying property. While there my USA accountant advised not to line up the USA LLC tax year with the Aust Tax year. I cant remember why he thought this (am trying to find out).
    Has any other USA investor recieved that same advice – or can anyone shed any light on the issue?

Cheers Wobbly

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor

I was told to align my US tax with Australian tax, that seems logical to me. Don't understand why any investor would not want them aligned.

Profile photo of RickHRickH
    @rickh

how do you organise aligning them.

Our property tenents moved in 1 Sept so i would love to align with aust tax year 11/12

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor

You need to discuss this with your accountant.

It may be too late now to get an extension, not sure.

My accountant lodged an extension for  my US tax in October and is working through this now.  He also stated that it is difficult to try to align US/Aust tax if you do not sort it out in the first instance.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I'd align both the tax years, in my opinion. That'd make more sense and easier to organise your finances.

Although, whenever I come across hairy questions involving international tax issues, consulting your accountant is best.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.