All Topics / Overseas Deals / Anyone own Ip In Dallas Texas ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Robert WilsonRobert Wilson
    Participant
    @robwilson

After alot of looking and analysis of property around Australia for a deal to fit my limited budget,and a recent holiday to the U.S I have decided to take the plunge in the U.S market and I have narrowed it down to Dallas-Fortworth area.

I am now in the process of trying to narrow it down even further to and area and even a handful of streets in that area.

I would like to hear from people who own IP's in Dallas or Fort Worth area (no spruikers Please)

I would like to try and pin point a good area with reasonably low prices and good rental yeilds and employment also areas to steer clear of.

thanks in advance
    Rob

Robert Wilson

Whether you think you can or think you can't ....... your right . - Henry Ford

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Rob,

Why would you choose Dallas out of courosity with all the other markets in the country, and especially markets that have much lower property tax's and have much better chance for captial growth.

I understand the economy in Texas is good and the properties have been stable compared to other areas.

Most of my US clients that have gone there exited because of the running cost and the market never moves.

Best

JLH

Profile photo of Robert WilsonRobert Wilson
    Participant
    @robwilson

Hi JLH,
    Mainly for the stability and the cashflow,
    I'm a little worried about another GFC in the next 1-2 years so I trying to plan for the worst and hope for the best.
     On the property tax's I haven't looked into in any great depth as yet
    ,my understanding is that they can vary from county to county is that correct??

What areas are you sending your clients to at the moment?

Cheers Rob

Robert Wilson

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Rob,

If you have not checked on property tax's then you need to put the brakes on Texas just about the highest tax's int he country and can make or brake an investment.

I have one client that owned 30 homes in texas and never made a dime because of expenses. He sold them all and is investing in our fully managed program. And this is an investor that owns millions of dollars of rentals, all over the country, I met him here in Oregon. We are a nice divisification for him. He fix and flips and occasionally fix and flops like all of us.

What you want to look for in texas is the NON OWNER occuppied tax… It can be much higher than for an owner. Tax's in texas can be 2 to 4 times as high as other markets.

Before you invest just call a Real Estate agent that is neutral and then call the county tax collector. Tax's will very from neighborhood to neighborhood in texas not just county.

In markets I work in owner occuppied taxs with the exemptions can be half or more of non owner occuppied and what happens is that the house gets foreclosured.  ( which most if not all of the properties your looking at have been) and they had owners in them and when you look at the tax's they are very low. Then the deeds is recorded your not living there no exemption is allow and your tax's double. And when your looking at rates at 2 to 4 % per year its can be 200 to 300 a month on a Dallas home.

Not say where your looking will be that high but it can. I have a buddie who paid 225k for a house he lives in, in dallas and pays almost 6k per year. and thats owner occ.

So just be dead sure before you pull the trigger in Texas.

Best of Luck to you.

If you want to see what we do send me an e mail and I will send you our web site.  Our model is hugely popular in the states not so much in AU as its a foreign ( no pun intended concept) Much safer than buying on your own but returns are realistic not over blown like you see on the spruikers web sites.

Best,

Profile photo of speedy gonzalesspeedy gonzales
    @speedy-gonzales

Hi Rob,

I have invested in a couple of properties in DFW…more so Dallas then Fort Worth. I have been over to DFW 3 times this year and another planned in January. I agree with why you would want to invest there…..as you can see…you will get different opinions but that's pretty well much anywhere you invest either here in Australia or the USA. Both of my IP's have been homes and I am pleased so far. My strategy is that I will own them outright in 15 years or less and then collect the rent so it's not a model that it built on appreciation.
    Send me a PM and I can tell you some more.

Profile photo of Robert WilsonRobert Wilson
    Participant
    @robwilson

Hi Speedy,
    Thanks for the reply,
    good to hear from someone who has bought property there
    I will PM you tonight .

Cheers Rob

Robert Wilson

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.