All Topics / Help Needed! / joint ventures

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Andrew DartAndrew Dart
    Participant
    @andrew-dart

hi everyone. i am keen for information and books/resouces you can recommend for how to set up joint ventures. my plan is to find cash/asset rich partners who are time poor – i do the leg work (find property to renovate or develop) and split profits. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

OK not answering your question but what experience do you have in sourcing deals and renovating/developing?

Have you done a course? Sounds like an idea I heard at a seminar.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Hi,Seems like you have a pretty interesting business model there.

Have you tried contacting any of these potential JVs up to see if they'd be interested?
    That would be a good first step. Try and have a meeting with them and give them a knockout presentation.

Then create a contract and sign it with them, and that should be it.
    I think those would be your basic steps…
    What kind of info are you looking for anyway?

Profile photo of Andrew DartAndrew Dart
    Participant
    @andrew-dart
    Catalyst wrote:
    OK not answering your question but what experience do you have in sourcing deals and renovating/developing?

Have you done a course? Sounds like an idea I heard at a seminar.

hi there – thanks for your reply. do you know of any courses/mentors or books that could get me started. i have no experience in this type of investment – currently own a selection of positive and negative property and have no equity at present to make further purchases. any advice would be appreciated. andrew

Profile photo of Andrew DartAndrew Dart
    Participant
    @andrew-dart
    mattsta wrote:
    Hi,Seems like you have a pretty interesting business model there.

Have you tried contacting any of these potential JVs up to see if they'd be interested?
    That would be a good first step. Try and have a meeting with them and give them a knockout presentation.

Then create a contract and sign it with them, and that should be it.
    I think those would be your basic steps…
    What kind of info are you looking for anyway?

hi there – thank you for your reply. the type of info i am after is the type you have given me. i have a few potential JV partners in mind. is there a book or other point of reference that walks you through how to put knockout presentation together? what sort of information should be included? andrew

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Andrew,

We are doing something similar at the moment and a common question we are often asked is 'what epxerience does your team have'

When we explain our development managers have 15+ yrs in  the industry and can show significant commercial & residential projects already constructed a lot of the obvious anxieties are resolved. Having said that numerous other questions do come up and being able to quickly address these issues is of paramount importance. Any stumbling at the hurdles and you will lose credibility.

From my perspective I would like to see you having more experience – the only way to do this is by involving yourself in a project.

Start small.  Get some runs on the board and work from there.

A mentor perhaps?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.