All Topics / General Property / Advice required – leaseback deal on land in new developments

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of JomattyJomatty
    Participant
    @jomatty

Hi all

I enquired the other day with Devine about buying land in a new development.  I want to buy now and build before the 2 year mark.

He offered me an option to buy land which they will use as a car park for their sales office for 1yr + 2x6mth lease at 7%. I hadn't heard of leaseback land in new developments. I do know of leaseback display homes.

So as this land leaseback deal has been put forward to me, I don't know what I need to know. I did ask if the land will be concreted / asphalted for the car park. he advised no, it will be land / gravel.

I need to know some pro's and cons to consider.

Any thoughts / advice is welcome.

cheers coach

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Soil damage is all i can say.

I had someone do something simliar ( use for a building site storage ) ; Advise them of the consequences….3 years later the land was contaminated with waste and chemical that has soaked into the land for the last 3 years; causing it be to ” unfit for residential purpose”

So do your research; im no soil expert.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

if concerned Just put in a remediation clause (the epaa is quite stringent on the remediation requirements).

Land tax & cgt would be a bigger concern as you are waiting 2 yrs + before construction.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.