All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Gladstone, QLD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of meniamenia
    @menia
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to this site and would like to ask for some advice. I'm looking at buying a house and land package in the Forest Spring Estate in Gladstone. Builder's name is Mark Bain. Does anyone know much about his reputation?
    Also, we live in Sydney and are wondering if we should travel to Gladstone to look at the site? Saying that the land has only been released and there is nothing to look at. What is the done thing in this situation?
    Cheers
    M
    mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

I have heard of people purchasing in Gladstone being caught out unable to get finance as next to powerlines, so just make sure you do your due diligence, whether in person or through some other means.

Profile photo of CSG residential groupCSG residential group
    Participant
    @csg-residential-group

Hi Menia. Welcome to the forum. To answer your question about the builder, yes Mark Bain has a good reputation as a builder in gladstone. He does good quality homes and is from the Sunshine Coast, 2 hours north of Brisbane. You should ask agents in Gladstone about specific testimonials because they are on the ground dealing with new sales and results of property. Their property management team would be able to validate if a builder has a good reputation with warranty and follow up service on past builds. My next advice is to ask around what is the ideal end product which suits the market, and your budget. Eg, 4B/2B2C design on a 210m2 home with 2 separate living areas, with ceiling fans in each room, potentially considering ducted air conditioning, etc. If the site has not broken dirt yet (civil works) then you should go to the area and see what infrastructure is nearby. Compare other estates that are in existence, either as completing or being launched aswell. What does Forest Springs have that makes it unique compared to others? Are there other estates which offer better value than the one you are considering? Have you thought of other estates like Emmadale Gardens (sold out), Vantage (almost sold out), Little Creek (releases continually), Edens Chase (average new estate), or Brookview (up and coming premium estate). Do your research because once you commit to a block or a builder, there is no turning back. If you have any questions, just message us on email [email protected]

Profile photo of CSG residential groupCSG residential group
    Participant
    @csg-residential-group
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.