All Topics / Help Needed! / Where do you go when the banks say no (I’m a poet)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of energy4anarchyenergy4anarchy
    @energy4anarchy

After an unsuccessful foray into Property Sub division (Learnt my property wasn’t going to be permitted)… i’m looking at acquiring a new property.
    I’ve actually just refinanced ALL my loans (3 investments and 1 PPOR) and all is well.
    Anyway, 2 of investmetns positive gear and one negative gears. My PPOR rented out would also come pretty close to either neutral or just slightly negative gearing.
    Anyway… the banks have sort of said (NAB)… nope, that’s enough, we’d only give you $150k… but i’m thinking i need double that.

So property magicians out there – how and where do you go when the banks say no

All the best

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

You go to a mortgage broker- Richard Taylor, Michael Chan from Shape or Jamie from Pass Go. If it can be done, these guys will do it.

Cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

There was a young man with no cash
    Who found his finances werent too flash
    After finding a broker
    Who wasnt a joker
    He found himself able to splash !

(ok .. i'm NOT a poet .. and thats almost a limerick)

see luke86 for the actual decent advice.

Profile photo of Hari YellinaHari Yellina
    Participant
    @yellina

Dear Energy for Anarcy,

I am myself a property investor and few properties under my belt, I would say more than five. So, I do get knocked back by the banks for borrowing more on the properties.

Not that we dont fit the criteria, the average bank employee can understand only few steps. If a couple having 2 salaries buy a first home and after few years trying to get a investment loan, they could help you. Anything more that that wealth the people who are employed by banks cannot understand and do often make mistakes when submitting you application.

If Genworth calculator has given ok for you to borrow X amount and bank comes back and say, you can only borrow y amount. There is something wrong. I would recomend you to goto a broker who is investor himself and he will be better to understand and you will be able borrow more with better rates.

Everytime, I goto a bank, manager there says you can borrow and he pre approves when conditional approval comes, they say cant do it because there is not enough serviceability. And I goto a experinced broker, they will go through each document and make sure we get the approval.

Banks are good, not the people working in it I have come across one bank manager. Recently, I went to bank financial advisor asking how to invest X amount. After 3 hours of paper work. He gave a fixed deposit paper. He himself is poor and average pay, what can they show us.

Hope this post help you

Hari Yellina

Hari Yellina
    Email Me

Keep Investing - Grow while Resting.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Provide a bit more details on your finance- Maybe your max borrowing is $150,000, can’t say without a bit more details.

Asset:

Income:
    how long with current employer and Status ( full time/ contractor?)?
    Total rental income per week?

Liabilities:

Financial dependent under 18 and number of applicants?
    Total Monthly mortgage repayment ?
    Total credit card limit
    Any another loan?

Structure:
    Since it’s been refinance only recently -How are your current IP and PPOR loan set up right now? I/O only? 30 years?

P.s are all your loans with one bank ie CBA??? you may find once you reach a certain limit with one lender that one lender will start to charge a higher serviceability ratio in order to lower the risk. That’s why it’s good for a active investor to diversify a bit in regards to lenders once you reach certain limits.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of energy4anarchyenergy4anarchy
    @energy4anarchy

Hi Guys

Michael – not really wanting to put my life story here on this forum – re: Wage/Properties/Rental etc. I’ve got nothing to hide, just prefer to perhaps contact people personally or get advice in general. Thanks for your input though…

Hari – would you know of any to recommend? I’m in Melbourne but your post really struck a note with me. I never thought of it that way about “people working in the banks” think like… um, people working in banks! Sure they deal with money/loans etc… but only the few of them would probably branch out and do the sort of investing that we on this forum do. In particular – at the NAB i dealt with one woman – who was FANTASTIC… she actually got me money a year ago when others said no. SHe then went on maternity leave and dissappeared… then her replacement… well! Yeah, let’s leave the negative comments out of it :)

So that’s exactly what i’m after. A broker who understands my situation!!! Any recommednations guys

Participant
    @shape

Understand, it is a public forum…

Feel free to PM/email myself or the another active brokers on this forum- Richard Or Jamie.
    It’s hard to give a recommendation on what to do next without knowing where the true problem lies? hence my questions.

Regards
    Michael

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi energy4anarchy

If you prefer the face to face contact – I can recommend Pete Tersteeg from Sage Lending in Nunawading (get in quick though – he's off to Fiji next week and I'm sure finance will be the furthest thing from his mind).

If you don't require the face to face contact – then give Michael above a call. He's more than capable of working through some scenarios with you.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I try to avoid face to face because i have a head like a melon lol.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @jamie-m

Ahhh, the old melon head syndrome – it's prevalent in the industry.

Whilst my head's not quite a melon, most of my business is done with interstate clients that I've never physically met – technology makes it pretty easy.

Cheers

Jamie

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Hari YellinaHari Yellina
    Participant
    @yellina

Hi Energy4Ananrchy,

I can recommend some one name claudio at http://financecorporation.com.au/.

I dont sell real estate or any loans. At the moment, even the lenders approve your loan, you will have to pass the hurdle of LMI. Some lenders even though you take less then 80%, still submit your application to LMI. Recently they are checking credit scores. Which is difficult to get any loans.

This people look at us, with more scrutiny, Single and wealthy and lots of properties. So, I recommend to get a lender who will by pass the LMI and your process will be smother.

1) Pre approval (easy to get through)
    2) Bank Approval (after submitting paper work) is ok, if the manager understand and sorts paper work properly.
    3) Valuations.
    Till there it is ok, if the manager messes one document and submits to step 4
    4) LMI approval (which can knocked back).

Any bank you call, they say they can get you loan and after few credit checks, they will mess with your credit rating. Make sure you go through some one who can really understan your situation.

Kind regards,
    Hari Yellina.

Hari Yellina
    Email Me

Keep Investing - Grow while Resting.

Profile photo of SambosaSambosa
    @sambosa

Hi energy4anarchy,

Unfortunately in the general sense, I would have to agree with Yellina's comments regarding banking staff.  I am an active investor and also work as a lender in a retail branch.  Given my experiences I find it fairly easy to ensure my customers are looked after and their situation is explained clearly to the credit managers and mortgage insurers, however this isn't always the case industry wide.

Be it a broker, banker or any financier, ensuring the person completing the loan application has sufficient experience and knowledge of your situation will be your best advantage to gaining the finance you need more often.

The main issue I find working at one bank, is that we may have a great deal, but for one reason or another the banks tolerance for the particular asset risk at the time of application isn't what they're after, or they're already over-exposed – say the Gold Coast unit market or something similar.  Brokers that are keeping in constant contact with many financiers about current risk profiles can easily then flick the same deal to another lender where this isn't the case, rather than you doing the run around.

Hope that helps.

Sam

Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Sam

It's refreshing to hear from a bankers perspective – thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Jamie

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of StewartJStewartJ
    @stewartj

Hi there, we are actually in need of a wrapper.

I just posted a thread and then saw your thread and thought you might be interested.

My wife and I are looking to buy a well priced house and
    I don’t qualify for a mainstream loan, but my wife has a great size deposit. we have been rejected already due to a bad credit report dating back 4 years in my name. and was told it would be difficult to get any loan in the current finance climate.

The property price is 210,00 and we could easily put in 40-50k+ depending on stamp duty and legals etc.

We would be happy with paying interest above the average.

Any help also to point us in the direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Participant
    @jamie-m

Stewart – do you know if your wife can service the debt alone?

Cheers

Jamie

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @shape

+ who told u, that you don’t qualify for a mainstream loan? the big 4?

i find some clients who “don’t qualify” especially client who has a history of Bankruptcy think there is no hope, but in fact plenty of lenders even the big 4 would lend with a bit of creativity.

Pretty much If you have enough deposit for a low LVR , you will find a lender.

Regards
    Michael

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.