All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Looking for Solicitor with Land & Environment court experience in Sydney

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of bubbles1611bubbles1611
    Participant
    @bubbles1611

Hey guys,
    I have been working with council to try and subdivide my block of land in Blacktown LGA.
    The issue the council have is that it slopes towards the back, and thus needs to drain through someone else's property to the street.
    We have presented plans that cope with 100yr storms and is more advanced than what neighbours either side have in place from their subdivision.
    They have advised we would need to take the back neighbours to land and environment court to get an easement approved, as the neighbours have said no to any sort of easement.

Thus i am looking for some reputable expertise to assist me with this process.

Cheers
    Tim

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

What you might need is a better hydraulics engineer, ie design a pump out system to the front street & directly into the culvert. The court probably can’t grant an easement over adjoining land for your benefit as this is not a planning restriction but a restriction on your desire to affect another’s property.

That’ll be $10k for saving you $100-150k. Small notes will do nicely.

Profile photo of veseliveseli
    @veseli

Most Councils will not allow pump-out-systems in NSW.

If your block is sloping towards the back then forget subdivision or court unless you can negotiate with the neighbors for the easement, and you cant force anyone to let you go through their property, you can only pay them.

Problem is not in 100ye, problem is for everyday storm water which can not go uphill to drain into the street gutter.

Basic rule is you never buy development block if its sloping away from the street, its a night mare.

I have seen cases where developers are paying between 50-100k to neighbours to get the easement in place.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.