All Topics / General Property / Orange NSW Heritage Area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of sam2011sam2011
    @sam2011

Hi Guys,

I have an IP in orange nsw and recently received mail from the council advising that they are looking at making the area i purchased in a heritage listed area as it is the first part of orange that was settled.

I just want to know if anyone knows how this can affect any future development or subdivisions i may want to do. The house is not old and is just a fibro

Cheers
    Sam

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Depends on what type of heritage protection it’s going to be given, some are for “design” layout, and anothers are full protection…either way i would think any heritage listing or restriction would scare off any property developer.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of sam2011sam2011
    @sam2011

thanks Michael, more concerned if ill be able to develop rather than a deverloper. land is 980sq so even if i build a single story unit at the back to rent out id be happy

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

My first IP that i bought 7 years ago that i still have is heritage listed ( didnt know at that time…was young and still at uni );
    It’s on a 1,100 sq meters and also a corner block, one of the condition of the heritage order was i could not fully demolish the home- i could extend or build another at the back BUT the design must be similar including the colour and looks :(

It was a street heritage order…so all the houses on my street are all pre-federation.

So yes i could build, but it has a lot of limitation.

Regards

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If the scheme is only going on display, get in with plan to build a second dwelling now, so that you will have your plans approved before any restriction is placed on your land.

Go & view the planned instrument, talk to the town planner who is supporting the plan. Find out what it means to you as a landowner & potential developer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.