All Topics / General Property / Helen Collier-Kogtevs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of w0mbatw0mbat
    @w0mbat

G'day everyone,

can I please get your opinon on Helen Collier-Kogtevs products?

I am new to investing and have been told to read everything, read forums, get everything much cheaper doing it – but I will be honest I am happy to pay if it can help putting it in order and streamline it.  I have been reviewing comments on many different people on here but no one ever seems to mention Helen – to me her products see to be the most geniuine and underwhelming meaning to me you get the value to and true advice that she has learnt.  I don't believe I can make $4mil in a year profit by reading a book, I do think that I could do the 10 in 10 years without thinking twice, probably more 5 in 6yrs or better. 

Everyone's products seem very expensive with $4k being the standard price – I think that is bit rich but if that is the rate and I have to pay it, so be it.

anyone who has had genuine dealings with helen or heard first hand I would appreciate your comments.

Cheers
    w0mbat

Profile photo of ColiColi
    Participant
    @coli

Hi Wombat,

Whoever gave you the tip to READ books was on the right track. Buy 10 books on property for about 300 bucks and read those. Mark the information that is consistent in those books and you will see that many ideas keep occurring in different areas, a good clue that these ideas are shared by many. It always amazes me that  someone can spend maybe a year of their life putting a book together that may contain 10 or 20 years of their knowledge and experience and that we can then buy it for 20 or 30 bucks, where can you get better value than that?

You may then choose to spend hundreds or even thousands more on further education but get yoiurself a basic grounding CHEAPLY first. At least then you can make an educated decision.

Remember the hare and tortice story, well investing is similar, those that race ahead without sound knowledeg are often the loosers in the end. Its a long life, don't think you will miss out of you are not investing today, get ready first and invest tomorrow.

Cheers

Profile photo of amcewinamcewin
    Participant
    @amcewin

Hi Wombat,

I am currently doing Real Wealth's 2011 mentoring program. I am new to property investing so have found the program very useful as it explains the basics of how to invest smartly. It covers all the things to consider such as how to develop your strategy, how to structure each deal and how to risk minimise each deal.

Her key steps are similar to other investment books I have read but it has been good to have someone to walk me through the process as I have been going through it. I was comfortable with her investment philosophy and had read a couple of her books first which is why I decided to do her program. She is also a brilliant, highly engaging and motivated presenter.

The real value I am getting from the program though is being able to bounce deals off the Real Wealth team. I believe we have recovered the cost of the program as it has saved us from going ahead with one deal which didn't stack up.

There are 2 weekends in Melbourne which are the main education/networking session. You then get 12 months access to the Real Wealth team for any questions/support.

On the con side, now that the seminars are over, there aren't any touch points, such as monthly coaching sessions to track how you are going unless you pay for them in addition to your program. Also, I feel that the number of people on this years program is considerably larger than prior years so it didn't feel as initimate as I have heard other years to be.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.