All Topics / General Property / Evo Cities, Good Opportunity?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Ossi89Ossi89
    Participant
    @ossi89

Hi All!

I am in the process of purchasing my second ip and considering buying in one of the EVO Cities (Tamworth, Albury, Orange etc.).

I would like to get some different opinions on these areas. I am very new to all of this having only just bought my first ip in Jan 2011, so any ideas & opinions will be very useful!

I am currently considering buying my next ip in Albury, NSW.

Does anyone have any advice on buying in Albury? Does anyone know what the rental market is like in Albury?

Cheers,

Oz.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

You can pick up cheap, high yielding stock in Wagga – particularly in some of the areas where the ex dept. of housing stock is being sold off at auctions.

Some of the properties would experience a decent equity gain from some basic renos. You'd have to check them out in person though as the quality is going to be quite variable.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Ossi89Ossi89
    Participant
    @ossi89

Thanks Jamie!

Anyone out there ever bought ex-commission homes in large regional towns/cities at auction? If so, was of easier to purchase the property below market value? I am considering ex-commission property in the evo-cities, am I more likely to get a better buy at auction?

Also, does anyone think this evo-cities advertising campaign will have much of am impact on population growth and investment in these areas?

Cheers,

Oz.

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

EvoCities is an ongoing campaign to breathe life into cities which are suffering due to current loss of industry and population. So there has been huge incentives created to move these cities forward with the whole EvoCities concept.

It means that the cities concerned have problems to start with. They have good returns at the moment explicitly because of this. However advertising has never been a consistent marker for success in property investing. The important thing to look at is the overall trend. If the EvoCities plan is working .. it will be a gradual thing and not an overnight show pony. So .. you can either throw your money at it now when it remains unproven and there is NO trendline showing movement .. or wait for the movement to happen and then follow along. From a propery investor's perspective .. I always find it easier to witness the trend movement upwards before I start investing.

If it starts working .. you'll see new businesses .. new industries .. and more employment ads in the local paper. In fact .. the local paper will be your lifeline to finding out how things are trending in the towns. You need to invest on knowledge .. not hope .. because hope is purest speculation. In the sharemarket .. and also in real estate.

On the same note .. the Evocities are ones with a solid population base to start with. There is a movement of money towards them and this is not ALWAYS an answer to the communities real issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.