All Topics / Help Needed! / help needed to invest in sydney

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Tom017Tom017
    @tom017

Hi All,

I am a new investor living in Victoria but would like to invest in Sydney. Does anyone have any recommendations of someone to contact re areas to look at and perhaps a buyers agent to help locate properties that would meet a certain criteria. It is difficult when you are not at all familiar with a area to know which suburbs are better than another.

I can research properties and areas but can't get to sydney easily to inspect properties for myself.

Any help here would be great. Thanks

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

Try Metropole Properties if you are after a buyers agents- I have not had any dealings with them personally but I hear that they are quite good and know their stuff.

Cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of Tom017Tom017
    @tom017

Thanks Luke – much appreciated

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

I know a few good ones.  There are many buyers agents in Sydney and recommendations would depend what you are looking for.

What's your criteria? And what is your price range?

Profile photo of number 8number 8
    Participant
    @number-8

I am a property investor, that has lived in Sydney all my life and have many IP's here. I do not sell properties nor have any interest in any real estate firm. I am happy to offer my general opinion. This means I would not be tarnished by locations that I have to sell on my books as per a property agent….. just some friendly thoughts.

I am happy to have a general chat and can be contacted at the address below.

http://www.birchcorp.com.au

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

You are right Catalyst in that it depends on what you are after. Metropole focus on properties in inner ring suburbs, which typically mean they are low yield/high growth properties.

Cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of Tom017Tom017
    @tom017

I Guess my criteria is fairly broad at this stage. Ideally i am looking for properties that are as close to nuetral or positively geared as possible in areas that should see some growth in the near future. I don't have my mind set on any one type of property (unit, house etc) just take each on their merits.

My price range is from $350k to $450k.

Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of sapphire101sapphire101
    Participant
    @sapphire101

For that money you might be best to look at an "add value" property. The ugly duckling that you can restore, renovate, subdivide, build another dwelling, add rooms etc to increase your equity stake and rental return as fast as possible.

Your borrowing capacity will tell you the suburbs you can concentrate on. I don't know Sydney as well as I know other areas, but I would guess that $350-$450k limits you to the outer suburbs to a degree.

Then look at the type of property available for that price in more well to do suburbs. The ones a notch above and maybe next door to the first suburb list. Get as specific as you can with the type of property and area, then approach all the agents to go out and find one for you. Let them do the leg work, thats their job. It's free.

You need to be ready to pull the trigger when they find one that meets your criteria, so have all your finances in order before contacting them and make sure they understand that you are ready to buy today.

Ian
    http://theblockblog.com
    Free Property Investment Info, Tools & Resources for Investors with a Sense of Humour.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

If I were you, I'd look in the Blacktown through Seven Hills district for a house on a big block of land.  You can fix up the house, and build another dwelling in the backyard later, or just subdivide the backyard off and sell it.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.