All Topics / Help Needed! / community housing limited???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of ashiltaashilta
    Participant
    @ashilta

Hi guys!

I am looking at buying my 1st investment property.  I am very new to this so i would really appreciate your comments/opinion/experience.

I have seen a townhouse in berwick for sale, it is associated with the community housing limited  (CHL) of victoria which means that for the first 10 yrs our property will be leased back to CHL with a quaranteed rental income regardless of the property's vacancy status.  There are no management fees and CHL will attend to any small maintenance on our behalf.  We can sell the property at any time we want and the new owners will have to continue the rest of the lease yrs.  There is annually rental r/v and rent is increased as per the rental review for the area.  After the 10 yr period (if we keep it for that long) we can either live in it ourselves or rent it out privately.

CHL is associated with low to middle income earners and helps them get into the property market.

Structured a bit like defense houseing investment but its not the same.

So what do you all think.

The real estate agent is McKenzie Bond.

Thanks you in advance

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

I'm speculating here, but it sounds like CHL is renting the property via the NRAS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.