All Topics / Help Needed! / Recommendations for where to list land for sale

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Donna WardDonna Ward
    @donna-ward

I am selling a piece of land in Dalby, QLD and I want to ensure it is exposed to the investor market.  It is currently advertised with 2 real estate agents in Dalby but I don't think it's really reaching it's true market at the moment.  It has permission for multiple occupancy (2 separate dwellings on 1 block) and has DA ready to go which is no mean feat for anyone who has dealt with Dalby council.  What websites/forums are there out there for advertising something like this and what would anyone in the know recommend?  Thanks. 

Profile photo of KlahKlah
    @klah

There are 3 main areas you need to focus on to sell it quickly, they are:
    Price- make sure it is not over priced!
    Presentation- make sure it is mowed, cleared and photographed well.
    Promotion- get it on realestate.com.au and other great real estate website, put a for sale sign up, but don't worry about the paper, you're just wasting you money with that.

Push in the wording for your land the details about DA and other info investors would be interested in, but remember the photos will really sell it for you if the price is right.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

You  have to ask yourself "what promotion of the property are the agents doing? Are the photos & information provided reflecting what you are selling or is it a bit underwhelming? Where is it being advertised? Is the property in town or on acreage? Have local letterboxes been dropped? Is it an open or exclusive agency agreement (ie can you sell it yourself or is the agent still entitled to their commission?  Is this the most appropriate form of advertisement? Do the agencies have a email brochure of properties which they send out on a regular basis? Which websites are being used? How long has the property been on the market? Is price the issue?"

When you are satisfied that all of the above are at their optimum, then you sit and play the waiting game (and keep on the backs of the agents).

Profile photo of MickMick
    Participant
    @motelmingle

Totally agree with both Kaylah and Scott No Mates comments. Paying extra attention to Scott No Mates comment of "Is it an open or exclusive agency agreement (ie can you sell it yourself or is the agent still entitled to their commission? "

If you have not signed any exclusives and you are willing to advertise and sell the land yourself, a great new site  is http://www.sellnoagents.com.au

The listings are totally free and excellent exposure is on offer for people who wish to advertise their own real estate or property for sale. I have listed my motel leasehold for sale on this site and the inquiry level has definitely increased. I believe the sale will come from this site first before any of the 6 business brokers I have also listed with.

Time will tell and wish you luck with your sale.

Mick | Motel Mingle
    http://motelmingle.com.au/
    Email Me

Finding Answers! Sharing Ideas! Solving Problems!

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Alternatively you could list it here http://www.millarslist.com/
    It is a site specifically for land for sale to developers at minimal fees.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

…and don't list it with an agent that has  the words FIRST or NATIONAL in it's name in any way shape or form   ;-)

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.