All Topics / Help Needed! / Gladstone – Assistance Required

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of banz2010banz2010
    Participant
    @banz2010

Hi,

I'm looking to invest in Gladstone and would like some help in identifying good areas to invest.
    I was wondering if I could find someone who is living in Gladstone that would be able to be on the ground to help take pictures and identify potential areas for investment? Won't mind paying the person for the help and service.

Many thanks.

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Hi Banz, I would suggest using the search function for gladstone on this forum. There is plenty of information previously posted on the different suburbs, pros and cons of each and different potential strategies. It is likely to be of greater value than taking pictures for you.

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton

Hi Banz,

I will be going to Gladstone late this week or early next week to scout it out. I understand the window of opportunity is closing. I am looking at doing some developments there shortly and will be taking my builder with me to get a grasp on whats happening ie costs, areas, rents etc. I will also be looking for properties to sell to my investors through Portfolio Property Investments if this is of interest to you I am happy to let help out.

Josh

Profile photo of Marie123Marie123
    Participant
    @marie123

Looks like I missed the boat with this one! Hmmm.

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz
    Marie123 wrote:
    Looks like I missed the boat with this one! Hmmm.

While buying a year ago would have been preferable, I think the opportunities are still there. It is amazing how many properties are for sale in Gladstone at the moment, allowing reasonable choice, while the rental market is just starting to heat up there.

@josh-atherton

From what I can discover without going there yet and talking to builders who have done feasibility studies lately on Gladstone it is a bit of a hard situation.

I am looking at an estate where the land is selling for mid 200’s, when you add regional build costs at $1500 sqm you are looking at $550,000 before costs (stamp duty, construction interest etc). So far it seems that valuations sometimes won’t stack up at this. Rent for this will be $600 approx – the same you can get in emerald for $450k ( you’ll find I’ll always make reference to emerald as I love it as an investment!!)

Only going there and doing my due diligence and due diligance for my clients will confirm what’s going on here.

I will start a thread for up to date regional Qld investments and the economy there as I work my way through every town and visit every mine as we roll out an accommodation project for regional Qld. Keep an eye out for it as it may help anyone with questions

Josh

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz
    Portfolio PI wrote:
    From what I can discover without going there yet and talking to builders who have done feasibility studies lately on Gladstone it is a bit of a hard situation.

I am looking at an estate where the land is selling for mid 200’s, when you add regional build costs at $1500 sqm you are looking at $550,000 before costs (stamp duty, construction interest etc). So far it seems that valuations sometimes won’t stack up at this. Rent for this will be $600 approx – the same you can get in emerald for $450k ( you’ll find I’ll always make reference to emerald as I love it as an investment!!)

Only going there and doing my due diligence and due diligance for my clients will confirm what’s going on here.

I will start a thread for up to date regional Qld investments and the economy there as I work my way through every town and visit every mine as we roll out an accommodation project for regional Qld. Keep an eye out for it as it may help anyone with questions

Josh

A hint: Don’t just look at standard standalone houses. That’s not where the money is.

Profile photo of Marie123Marie123
    Participant
    @marie123

1 bedroom units rent well in the mines up north of WA. They are selling for $750,000 now in some parts! Ouch.

@josh-atherton
    mattnz wrote:
    Portfolio PI wrote:

Josh

A hint: Don’t just look at standard standalone houses. That’s not where the money is.

Don’t worry I’ll be looking at all opportunities, that was just one example

Profile photo of banz2010banz2010
    Participant
    @banz2010

What about builders in Gladstone?
    Has anyone work or build with any builders in Gladstone before?
    I'm looking into Aspire Homes and wonder if anyone has any information about them>?

@josh-atherton

Aspire homes has been in contact with me a few weeks ago however they have not responded to ANY emails, and i cannot even reach them on the phone! i have tried 7 times!

not a good start when they are trying to sell me a number of homes/builds… from this i have written them off as I am afraid of what service may be like when i give them my money!

I am looking at getting my builder from the sunshine coast/Brisbane up there if everything stacks up. I can let you know what i find out next Wednesday if you like

Profile photo of austinvestaustinvest
    Participant
    @austinvest
    Portfolio PI wrote:
    I am looking at an estate where the land is selling for mid 200's, when you add regional build costs at $1500 sqm you are looking at $550,000 before costs (stamp duty, construction interest etc). So far it seems that valuations sometimes won't stack up at this. Rent for this will be $600 approx –

$1500 per sqm? If you're paying that you are getting royally ripped off.

$1250sqm should be the maximum you should outlay and that is with a quality local builder. A lot of the builders up this way are not local, Aspire being one of them.

Austy

@josh-atherton
    austinvest wrote:
    Portfolio PI wrote:
    I am looking at an estate where the land is selling for mid 200's, when you add regional build costs at $1500 sqm you are looking at $550,000 before costs (stamp duty, construction interest etc). So far it seems that valuations sometimes won't stack up at this. Rent for this will be $600 approx –

$1500 per sqm? If you're paying that you are getting royally ripped off.

$1250sqm should be the maximum you should outlay and that is with a quality local builder. A lot of the builders up this way are not local, Aspire being one of them.

Austy

Thanks Austy,

what builders do you recommend around that pricing? who did you build with?

Profile photo of austinvestaustinvest
    Participant
    @austinvest

Coastal Homes – Craig Price is the builder.

Local builder for over 20 years and by far and away the most value for money. Great office team behind him as well for ongoing support.

Will look at blocks for you and be completely straight about what will and won't work.

I've built with him 3 times now.

Austy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.