All Topics / Opinionated! / Do you work at a real estate agency, what is the best advertising method to reach them?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of gammonbrusgammonbrus
    @gammonbrus

Hi Guys,

Not exactly sure where to post this, so my apologies if not in the right area.

What I would like to know is WHERE is the best place to advertise to reach real estate agencies? Maybe you work for one and know what type of magazine they read, or where they look to monitor the competition. I want to advertise but only to real estate agencies and not the general public to be better cost effective.

Hope someone has some bright ideas before I go wasting money on advertisements that aren’t going to be read by the correct target market,

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

industry association magazines like the REI or EAC Etc…….

Profile photo of gammonbrusgammonbrus
    @gammonbrus

Cool thanks mate, I’ll check them out.

Which ones do you think has the greater coverage and likely to be read, i.e most cost effective to advertise in. not necessarily the cheapest.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Probably the REI but it may depend upon the area that you cover eg Sydney metro, Hunter, Illawarra etc so you would need to check if they have members in your target area or if it goes to all members.

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Don't start cold. Go knock on a few doors and have a chat with the principal, offer to buy them a coffee if they are busy and demonstrate your product/service, offer to supply for free for a trial period.

No definitive answer but if you are a small business and trying to bootstrap your way up with a small marketing budget then the value of a personal connection is many multiples of paid advertising.

@gammonbrus

Hi Andrew,

I was thinking that might be the way to go, in fact I would actually prefer it. Only thing is though, how does that relate to the spam act etc. I know you cant cold call them on the phone, how does it relate to just walking into a real estate agency and wanting to speak to the principle?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Andrew_A wrote:
    Don't start cold. Go knock on a few doors and have a chat with the principal, offer to buy them a coffee if they are busy and demonstrate your product/service, offer to supply for free for a trial period.

No definitive answer but if you are a small business and trying to bootstrap your way up with a small marketing budget then the value of a personal connection is many multiples of paid advertising.

I agree. This would be much more effective than any print advertising, electronic mail out or phone call.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of SezSez
    @sez

I work in a real estate agency and people get much further by coming in and having a chat. If people are going to do business with you then they will want to meet you and like you!!

Best place to start if they are busy is to book an appointment with them when you go in, often agents are very busy and while they are happy to see you may not have the time right away.

When you have a meeting with them why don't you get their card and offer to email them some information about what you do. You get in the door with a few agencies and then you will get recommendations to other agencies too.

I don't think a costly advertising campaign is the best place to start . Just my thoughts though

@gammonbrus

Yes I agree. But my only concern is what about legal issues, are there any in regards to just rocking up to a business trying to basically sell a product. If I phone called that is illegal, surely this is too?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I wouldn't just barge in and open your briefcase with your wares – just see if the principles available, introduce yourself and invite him/her for a quick coffee so you can quickly show them this "thing" which will create a win-win for the two of you.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

@gammonbrus

Does anyone have a legal perspective on this?

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

You can have a list of phone numbers washed if you are concerned about being on the do not call register – most businesses would not be (not sure if DNCR applies to businesses anyway).

I have had plenty of cold callers come to my office – some I tell where to go but others I may listen to depending upon what they have to offer.

@gammonbrus

Yeah your right, thanks for that. I bumped into someone who works at Broadband, she said that businesses actually kicked up and created a rule that they do not be on the list, sounds counter productive at first glance but makes sense. Looks like some cold calls are back on the agenda.

Profile photo of andrew191919andrew191919
    Participant
    @andrew191919

Jo, a good real estate agent read magazine is called SOLD. Their url is sold-magazine.com.au

<moderator: delete advertising>

Andrew

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.