All Topics / Value Adding / New Renovation TV show calling for contestants

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

Hi all,

Got an email today from a casting agent… All info is below, I know nothing more about this then what is posted. Just thought I’d post it in case there’s some keen renovators here with a desire to try out for the show!

https://homerenovationshow.castmein.tv/Introduction

We are looking for contestants for new home renovation show. Keen to find interior designers, stylists, tradies and home renovators who are interested in pushing the boundaries and creating a spectacular renovation.

Register and apply today!

Rules of Entry & Instructions:

1. All applications must be submitted online. Posted applications cannot be accepted.

2. Answer all questions honestly and to the best of your ability.

3. We will be unable to reply to all applicants individually so you will only hear from us if invited to audition.

4. Please ensure you read, fully understand and meet the eligibility requirements before applying to be a contestant on the show. The rules of entry are at the end of this form.

5. Please attach a DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPH of yourself to your application.

6. Please also attach no more than 4 photos DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS showing renovation projects you have done (completed job photos or before/after photos).

7. You must be aged 18 or above on 29 November 2011.

8. You must be an Australian citizen or resident.

9. All contestants must have renovation experience. That means:

– Applicants can be either professional or amateur renovators

– You must be able to show at least two examples of renovation you have done on private residences. If you are invited for an audition, you will be asked to show work in a portfolio, or show before & after photos/video of your work.

10. You must be able to commit to all the filming days required. Excluding auditions, the filming is scheduled to take up to approximately 26 weeks.

11. You cannot have been convicted of any serious crime.

12. Submission of an application form and compliance with the above does not in any way constitute an offer to appear on the programs.

13. The Producer may (but may not) invite you to attend an audition at their discretion. When selecting applicants the following issues will be taken into account: skill for renovating, experience in renovating, proof of talent in renovating, enthusiasm, drive, love of renovating.

14. The Producer’s decisions regarding selection for the program is final.

Profile photo of ccpatccpat
    Participant
    @ccpat

Hi I have been reading the forums for the last few months now and have found them very helpful

My husband and I are looking at buying an IP in Logan Central QLD and are quite amazed how much the prices have dropped and how quickly offers are accepted, to the point that I fear we are missing something. Can anyone explain whether it is good or bad to be buying in this area right now.. It seems to be all the houses that are for sale belong to investors, why are investors fleeing the area, are we wrong in buying in that area. . . hope someone can shed some light for me as I feel I'm In the dark making decisions.

Cheers
    ccpat

Profile photo of bjsaustbjsaust
    Participant
    @bjsaust

I think you'd be better served creating a new thread for your question ccpat, than responding to an unrelated topic with it.

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

Hi ccpat,

you might have more luck posting your query in the "help needed" forum.

Cheers,
    Emma

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    ccpat wrote:
    Hi I have been reading the forums for the last few months now and have found them very helpful

My husband and I are looking at buying an IP in Logan Central QLD and are quite amazed how much the prices have dropped and how quickly offers are accepted, to the point that I fear we are missing something. Can anyone explain whether it is good or bad to be buying in this area right now.. It seems to be all the houses that are for sale belong to investors, why are investors fleeing the area, are we wrong in buying in that area. . . hope someone can shed some light for me as I feel I'm In the dark making decisions.

Cheers
    ccpat

Hi ccpat

I noticed the same. Personally, I’d rather be buying at the bottom of a cycle than the top – and there’s no doubt that Logan has decreased, whether it’s hit the bottom, I don’t know.

What I do know is, I’d rather be buying now than 2 years ago. To purchase a cheap property an area wedged between the Brisbane and Gold Coast that generates pretty decent yields sounds good to me.

I haven’t invested there yet but do continue to keep an eye on the market.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.