All Topics / Help Needed! / Can Someone Tell me about Eatons Hill QLD?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Lora4486Lora4486
    @lora4486

Hi There,

Any feedback on Eatons Hill in Brisbane? Whats it like, what kind of people live there, is it a good place for investment property? Any potential? How easy is it to get to Brisbane from there etc…

Thanks,
    Lora

Profile photo of Lora4486Lora4486
    @lora4486

Just to add, if anyone has any comments on the area “Warner” next door to Eatons Hill as well that would be great. Thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

North Western suburb of Brisbane almost deemed rural.

Some nice large blocks if you enjoy the maintainance.

Public Transport isnt great to that side of town but nice place to live.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Lora4486Lora4486
    @lora4486

Thanks Richard!

How would it compare to North Lakes? I’m looking at a 4 bedder on a 450sqm block, asking price is 535k built in 2010, in Warner really close to Eatons Close though. VS the same in North Lakes…

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a
    Lora4486 wrote:
    Hi There, Any feedback on Eatons Hill in Brisbane? Whats it like, what kind of people live there, is it a good place for investment property? Any potential? How easy is it to get to Brisbane from there etc… Thanks, Lora

Hi Lora,

Will approach this question from a different angle as I've answered the same question with slight variations many times before.

Why are you asking this question? Perhaps you are being sold a new house and land package by a marketing company? This is mostly the case.

Other than that, what Richard said!

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a
    Lora4486 wrote:
    Thanks Richard! How would it compare to North Lakes? I'm looking at a 4 bedder on a 450sqm block, asking price is 535k built in 2010, in Warner really close to Eatons Close though. VS the same in North Lakes… Any thoughts?? Thanks

I don't want to be too specific and cross over into the area of advice but I would raise two points.

1) Small block
    2) Lots of money

Do plenty of homework into the property and who is marketing it:)

Start by plugging different price ranges into realestate.com and seeing what pops up, nothing wrong with the two areas you mention, just beware of who is selling the property and where the money trail leads.

For North Lakes I look at suburbs surrounding here, just look on google maps and plug ideas into realestate.com.au and see what's available.

350k can get you a large well designed 4+2+2 brick house under 10yrs old in good condition on land 600m+ renting 360-370 in areas not too far from NL and Mango Hill, also there are oceans of cheaper established houses and plenty of cow paddocks still to be developed, the really broad acre stuff (think Stockland) might be land banked already but there's still plenty of land around.

Everything makes sense at the right price, your property might be great and selling at a bargain price, just some general thoughts to add to the mix.

Profile photo of Property TraderProperty Trader
    Participant
    @property-trader

Hi Lora,

Just one comment I would make in relation to North Lakes as we just sold a house recently (as of last week) in that suburb.  The specifications of the house was a five bedroom, double lock-up garage, media room, formal dining, living room and three bathrooms on a 650 m² block was sold last week for $530,000.

At the moment in North Lakes there are enormous amount houses that are for sale and land size does matter. There is a glut of houses in the 450 m² land size range and if you thinking about spend on around the $530,000 mark you my will consider getting a larger block and high house specifications for the money.

If you are buying a house to personally live in, I have had a number of friends and family purchase properties at North Lakes and then have found travelling to work etc a major concern enough for them to sell up and move closer towards the city. The funny thing is three of them have repurchased a homes around the Albany Creek and Eatons Hill area.

I might be a little bit biased though as I do live in the Albany Creek area. I hope this helps answer a few questions.

Property Trader | Boston West Pty Ltd
    http://bostonwest.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.