All Topics / Help Needed! / Gladstone

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of dfishdfish
    @dfish

We owned a home and lived in Glad from 2000-2010 we also have an investment unit in Glad city area purchased in 2002. We have struggled,   and continued to struggle to find a competant property manager.   Even the bodycorp managers are hopeless.   Honestly   I have no doubt Gladstone is a great place to invest but the agents are nothing short of appauling we have used 3 of the big names in real estate in the area and they have all caused us greif.  Be sure to get your self a good tenant because you can't rely on the agent to look after you interests.

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Welcome to our forum dfish.
    If you still require a great property manager in Gladstone drop me a line – ours is awesome (not one of the big branded real estate agents) and manage's the properties for all our clients' properties as well as our Santos client properties.

Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Hi,

Looking at the Gladstone area including Agnes Waters for investment or if all works out, eventually to live. Either way, heard it’s booming but still cheap to buy. Located south enough to avoid the stingers but north enough to have a surfing beach plus a ferry run to the reef. Mining is the industry that’s booming out there …is this all true? Am planning to take a visit there in the next month. Hoping the area isn’t being over-marketed like another “Hervey Bay” -nearly fell for that one! Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton
    QM wrote:
    Hi,

Looking at the Gladstone area including Agnes Waters for investment or if all works out, eventually to live. Either way, heard it’s booming but still cheap to buy. Located south enough to avoid the stingers but north enough to have a surfing beach plus a ferry run to the reef. Mining is the industry that’s booming out there …is this all true? Am planning to take a visit there in the next month. Hoping the area isn’t being over-marketed like another “Hervey Bay” -nearly fell for that one! Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Hi QM,

Gladstone is looking good for years to come. You will be fine for the next twenty years at least….kind of as far as ive looked with projects etc. Stage 1 of the LNG rollout will / is impacting gladstone, stage two will be rolled out in approx 10 years time and will futher impact the bowen basin. Still make sure you buy smart in Gladstone, but overall it has a lot going for it.

PPI

Profile photo of QMQM
    Participant
    @qm

Thank you PPI. CAn you explain more about Stage 1and 2 of the LNG if you have time…thanks again!

@josh-atherton
    QM wrote:
    Thank you PPI. CAn you explain more about Stage 1and 2 of the LNG if you have time…thanks again!

Hi QM,

I will be going to Gladstone on Wednesday, also will be meeting for a second time with shell/arrow energy and will have a lot more info on stage 1&2 for you.

You may want to follow my blog as I am spending a lot of time throughout CQ over the next few weeks for research etc.

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

Hi Josh

I have a house in Kin Kora and monitor developments in Gladstone with keen interest. I noticed on another thread that you said you think the "window of opportunity" in Gladstone is closing. I've noticed that in spite of the high demand for properties in Gladstone, the supply seems to have kept pace. Are you suggesting that the supply is becoming exhausted, and therefore a more rapid escalation in prices is imminent? I'm hoping to purchase there again soon so I'll be interested in your assessment of the area.

Thanks, Tony

@josh-atherton

Hi Tony,

You’re correct on what I am thinking, I have tried to get a couple of my builders from the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane to go there and they have all looked at it and come to that conclusion. Gladstone has risen dramatically this year alone, and I believe there is more to come. However from a new home perspective, Land seems quite expensive which is pushing the new home price above valuations. I must stress, these are my thoughts, not my knowledge, i will know a lot more when I’m on the ground (which was going to be tomorrow however there was not ONE place with available accommodation! can only be a good thing!)

Buying a bit above Val has never bothered me if there’s a lot of activity happening as it can only be a matter of 6 months and you’re even sometimes. I will let you know what I see and think. What areas have you been looking at?

Cheers, Josh

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

Hi Josh

I'm sticking as close to the CBD as possible, but on relatively high ground for all the obvious reasons.

Profile photo of PackerPacker
    Participant
    @packer

The government's announcement today broken down -* 20 billion dollar contract
                                                                                                       * 6000 jobs during construction
                                                                                                       * 1000 ongoing jobs

Let's break this down….. 20 billion dollars only gives us the sense of security in longetivity for the "ongoing jobs".

6000 jobs at it's peak during construction means 1000-3000 will be white collar, so they will be beached back at the office.

The other 3000-5000 blue collar 80% will be in purpose built construction camps.

1000 ongoing jobs I would be surprised if atleast not 50% of them are fly-in fly out.

So where does that leave the investor? and what will the locals be left with?

Hard one. If you can lock in a 5 year lease on a private property with the contracting companies or the client that may serve you well.

I think commercial property (industrial), retailers and crafty small local businesses will do best from all this, get into it locals,

all the best I hope it works out.

Profile photo of wobblysquarewobblysquare
    Participant
    @wobblysquare

I'd also love to find a good property manager in Gladstone….the big name one i am using is just not performing.

Trying to get any kind of maintenance down is proving impossible.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.