All Topics / Overseas Deals / Overseas mortgages

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of Lora4486Lora4486
    @lora4486

Hi

Does anyone know who gives mortgages for overseas or how to get them?

Thanks

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

What do you mean?

1. Are you a overseas buyer wanting to buy an Australian property ?
    2. Australian who wants to invest overseas?
    3. What to use overseas income for borrowing??

There are lenders for all 3 type, but it just depends which one your asking for?

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Lora4486Lora4486
    @lora4486

Hi there

Australian looking to buy residential property overseas. I’m looking at uk, USA, dubai

Thanks
    Lora

Participant
    @shape

OK,

If it’s for UK, and NZ- Do able
    US- hardier
    Dubai + any another country- very hard

There’s 2 way around this for the UK and US purchase anyway.

1. Australian based banks- IF you have another property in Australia, and it has a bit of equity in it… you can use the equity from this to pay for the full transaction cost. Sounds easy…but still tricky in how you present the loan to the banks.

2. International Banks -Now this is not easy, and it’s a longer process… HSBC Singapore is the market leader in this field however they will only lend if you have $1M in property value with HSBC. If your looking for a UK purchase only , then Barclay is your best bet; but they also have strict conditions as well.

Dealing with Australian banks (point1) is much easier and we have more control as you can imagine.
    Dealing with international banks ( point 2 ) is longer due to the international mail that’s involved and timezone- and we treated it case by case;no set rule.

Regards
    Michael

Email Me | Phone Me

@lora4486

Hi Michael,

Do you deal with overseas mortgages, would it be possible to contact you via email to go into more detail?

Thanks,
    Lora

Participant
    @shape

Yes, we do deal with overseas mortgage.

However if you fall into any of the below points;

1. If this is your first purchase ie dont own any another property at all
    2. Your combine asset after everything is sold is less then $200k

In all honesty it be impossible for you too get the overseas mortgage.

Drop me an email at [email protected] and give us a bit more information about your income, where you work and what another property you own, then ill see if i could help or not.

Regards
    Michael

Email Me | Phone Me

@lora4486

Hi michael,

Thanks, have just sent you an email.

Profile photo of PortpiratePortpirate
    @portpirate

I received this email from HSBC in response to an enquiry for finance.  It might be of interest to some people.

Thank you for your interest in mortgage financing with HSBC Mortgage Corporation (USA).

Premier HSBC customers that do not reside permanently in the US may purchase property within the continental US for their own personal use. Namely, these properties may not be rented out or sublet for the first 12 months of ownership. The title must ben held in your name, and cannot be in the name of an LLC or Corporation.

• Nonpermanent Resident Aliens, must maintain a valid, unexpired US Visa unless citizenship is from a country that participates in the US Visa Waiver Program. The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables individuals of certain countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. (http://travel.state.gov/visa/tempvisitors_novisa_waiver.html)

• Valid Visa's include  B-1, B-2, H-3, I, J-1, J-2  and R-1.  Foreign National borrowers are only eligible for second homes. The maximum LTV/TLTV/HTLTV is 70%.

• Unacceptable visas are all other  H and L series, all A, B, C, D, F, I, J, K, Q and R series, and all borrowers with diplomatic immunity.  Any visa classifications not identified above will be considered on an exception basis. A work authorization card is not evidence of residency and is not acceptable documentation to satisfy the visa requirement.

• The Maximum LTV is 70% for second homes with loan amounts up to $417,000. The Maximum LTV is 60% for Primary Residences with loan amounts of between $418,00 up to $1,500,000. This assumes full documentation of income and assets.

• Premier status in the US also requires that you have US$100,000 in combined deposits with HSBC anywhere worldwide. This money cannot be used for the purchase costs.

• If you do not currently reside in the US,  you may not have 2 years of established US credit. In which case, we will need 4 credit reference letters from current or previous creditors indicating at least a two year credit history with no adverse or derogatory credit. They may come from the same or multiple institutions. Your relationship manager will help if you have any credit with HSBC. It is preferred that 2 credit reference letters come from creditors other than HSBC.

Once you have the above items, I can take your application over the phone.

Looks like cash for a while longer yet.

Participant
    @shape

Hence why i point to HSBC (SINGAPORE) , less conditions and restrictions, i guess when you deal with an Asian country; money talks :)

Regards
    Michael

Email Me | Phone Me

@lora4486

Hi There,

Just in case anyone is interested in buying property in Dubai, you are able to get finance from RAK Bank in the UAE. You are able to get up to 25 years mortgage (up to 65 years of age) with 30% deposit. There are a few other T’s and C’s but if you’re interested just thought I’d post this info so others can follow up on it themselves.

Also, big thanks to Michael (shape) thanks for getting back to me, you’ve been really helpful.

Cheers,
    Lora

Profile photo of speedy gonzalesspeedy gonzales
    @speedy-gonzales

Hi,

I have just returned from Dallas buying some property. I am paying cash for the properties but after closing a local bank is giving me a 30 year P&I loan. The LTV will be at least 50% but up to 65%. The better information and paperwork I provide them the better the rates and LTV. They have done plenty of applications for Aussies with all so far having been settled….they just want you to own them in the name of the LLC to begin with and them finance them out. For example I just spent $220,000 on two places so if I get at least 50% I will have funds of $110,000 which I plan to lodge on a CD as they will leverage me again using the CD as security so I can buy another place. Gotta love leverage and it is possible to get it in the US if you look hard.

Profile photo of MikeLewisMikeLewis
    @mikelewis

Nice information, Thanks for sharing this informative post. I really appreciate it. I hope that I can get more benefit from this topic. I’m planning for Mortgage so; I think this is helping me. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post with us.

Profile photo of sparkyozsparkyoz
    @sparkyoz

Hello,

Finance for the Uk is possible – Barclays or another broker we use.

Finance for USA is possible too.

Please note that each have their conditions – most UK banks only lend around 60% for Aussies and around 80% for UK passport holders.

US banks depends on state.

Regards,

Steve
    http://www.gvimortgages.com

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hate to disagree but finance for the UK is extremely hard for Non residents.

I own property in the UK and have a number of UK Banking contacts.

The couple of lenders i know who will accept applications require to either have a UK resident / work visa or alternatively have a large minimum loan size.

Finance in Florida at 70% is faily achieveable with a minimum loan of $100K US

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs
    speedy gonzales wrote:
    Hi,

I have just returned from Dallas buying some property. I am paying cash for the properties but after closing a local bank is giving me a 30 year P&I loan. The LTV will be at least 50% but up to 65%. The better information and paperwork I provide them the better the rates and LTV. They have done plenty of applications for Aussies with all so far having been settled….they just want you to own them in the name of the LLC to begin with and them finance them out. For example I just spent $220,000 on two places so if I get at least 50% I will have funds of $110,000 which I plan to lodge on a CD as they will leverage me again using the CD as security so I can buy another place. Gotta love leverage and it is possible to get it in the US if you look hard.

Extreme leverage killed the US market in the first place FYI

Profile photo of KeysToSuccessClubKeysToSuccessClub
    @keystosuccessclub

Hi there,

I have manged to get 3 loans in the US in the last 6 months all based off my Australian credentials, but with US banks.

In Memphis I have two $25k loans – 50% LVR. 7 years P&I at 8.75%.  Still well  positive cashflow after all expenses.  Process was pretty painless.

Florida was a bit trickier and they wanted lots of documentation, but managed to secure a 60% LVR – $50k at 5.25%  P&I with 30 year term.

It does vary by state so if you are looking at getting leverage into your US property portfolio, you need to take this finance side into account.
    So far no dramas…

Cheers

Profile photo of RELREL
    @rel
    KeysToSuccessClub wrote:
    Hi there,

I have manged to get 3 loans in the US in the last 6 months all based off my Australian credentials, but with US banks.

In Memphis I have two $25k loans – 50% LVR. 7 years P&I at 8.75%.  Still well  positive cashflow after all expenses.  Process was pretty painless.

Florida was a bit trickier and they wanted lots of documentation, but managed to secure a 60% LVR – $50k at 5.25%  P&I with 30 year term.

It does vary by state so if you are looking at getting leverage into your US property portfolio, you need to take this finance side into account.
    So far no dramas…

Cheers

Hi Mark

I would be interested to know what bank in Florida you used to get the mortgage. I have a house in Orlando that I paid cash for which is tenanted. I would like to buy more. I have inquired with many banks in Florida that have told me it is very difficult to get a mortgage unless I actually go there in person to set it up.

Thanks

Profile photo of dantraskdantrask
    @dantrask

I use lloyd's in HK.  70% LTV ratio loan

Perthgurl65
    Participant
    @perthgurl65
    speedy gonzales wrote:
    Hi,

WHICH BANK IN DALLAS, SPEEDY ???

Profile photo of floridapropertiesfloridaproperties
    @floridaproperties

Lora
    Did you find a mortgage broker or bank by now who is willing to approve you for financing? I work with overseas buyers all the time and I do work with several mortgage brokers in Florida who were able in the past to get the buyers approved to purchase a property in Florida. There a certain requirements, but it is possible! Very often they do LTV 70% maximum loan amount US$2,000,000.00. They do not finance vacant land purchases.
    Regards
    Alexandra
    [email protected]
    Own a piece of paradise

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.