All Topics / General Property / Questions to ask a agent on open house day, and advice on investing in Newcastle..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Nick_kNick_k
    @nick_k

hey guys i'm new to this site and its great..

I'm just after a bit of advice as to whats the best questions to ask agents when attending an open house. Im thinking of buying in Newcastle around the inner city (mayfield islington…) and advice  would be grand and much appreciated
    thanks Nick

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

What is the crime rate? Is it improving? Where is the cop shop? What is the local unemployment rates for adults/youths?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Ask why the vendors are selling. Try and work out their motivation for selling – it can help you determine the best approach to negotiating. Sometimes it’s not all about the money (I sound like that song) – there can be other factors involved that can sweeten the deal for the vendor (such as a rent back period – particularly useful if it’s a messy divorce and they’re in a hurry to liquidate assets but one side doesn’t want to move straight away).

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Depending on what you want to achieve there are some good resources around about how to approach things. If you want sensitive information from an agent just open a friendly dialogue about whatever, how the Knights are playing, how the market is going, if they are that kind of talker which is often the case; you won't need to ask to get plenty of information, can be more specific on how I approach things if requested.

When looking for a property to buy I would start by compiling a watch list, writing everything down and benchmarking all the property you find against your purchase criteria and goals.

Profile photo of Nick_kNick_k
    @nick_k

thanks guys very helpful..

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

How long has the property been on the market?
    Will they negotiate on price?
    How did they arrive at that selling price?
    Have you ( the agent) sold any similar properties in the area recently and how much for?
    Why are they selling?
    Have they had any offers so far, if so how much?What is the lowest price they'll accept?
    Are they after a quick settlement?

Mental note  ( most agents are legends in their own underwear)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.