All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Dubbo, NSW

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of japansukijapansuki
    @japansuki

Hello,
    Is anyone familiar with the Dubbo rental market?
    I am looking at purchasing an IP but am cautious of some of the streets being in current or ex-housing commission areas, therefore potentially having ‘difficult’ tenants.
    Am looking at a few streets in particular – Armstrong Cres, Cooinda Cres, O’Donnell St, and Spence St.

Any other regional NSW areas you would recommend?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Japansuki

There’s a few older posts on Dubbo which may still be relevant today – if you do a search they’ll come up.

As for other regionals, I like Wagga. Has been a consistent performer over the years, a lot of the ex govt stock is being sold of at auctions to private investors who are doing them up and attracting a better quality tenant, therefore slowly improving the areas.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of japansukijapansuki
    @japansuki

Thanks Jamie.
    I was originally interested in Wagga but I have spoken to a couple of agents in the area who have said there has been a decline in the rental market in that area and it is a very transitional one at that.
    Have been considering and Bathurst as well.

Cheers,

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

I'd ask a property manager from another agency to do a driveby and give you a rental estimate.

I would think for around $200,000 you could get properties in better locations which would be easier to rent out..

I've been following the Dubbo market for several years, even if not as closely in the last couple and have been investing in it for 10 years.   North Dubbo might have some good potential – very handy to the CBD.  There are areas between the Newell Highway and MInore Road – near the Anglican School and the new shopping centre.  Avian is a handy area.  South Dubbo is always popular with the locals.

Profile photo of ajayayyarajayayyar
    Participant
    @ajayayyar

Hi Japansuki,

I recently purchased a property in Tamworth after investigating both Wagga and Tamworth as potential options.

Both areas are good however I found Tamworth's facilities to be better spread out and better appear overall.

I believe populations in both areas are roughly similar, and have solid/diversified industries, which should keep the economy strong.

PM me if you have any queries or check out some of the properties there on realestate.com.au.

Cheers,
    Ajay

Profile photo of colmphibbscolmphibbs
    Participant
    @colmphibbs

Hi guys, newbie here,

but very eager to get on the proprerty ladder, have my first deposit for house unit in the 150k/180k price range, im looking at dubbo bathurst so far! both look like they have cf+ and CG in the area, 

i would rather find something thats need a small reno eg paint 'tidy up" so i can add value!

my goal is to get 5 good  properties in 4 years worth 1.4million $$

anyone have any advice for me?

would be much apreciated

Colm

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon
    colmphibbs wrote:

anyone have any advice for me?

would be much apreciated

Colm

Best advice is to get cracking and buy one.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Japansuki.

Bathurst, Wagga, Dubbo, all good strong economies.

Depends what you're looking to buy as a property, house, house with extra land, unit, etc. 

Which market are you aiming at – family like 3-4 brms, professionals, youth, students, short term accomm, ??

Those big towns (cities) will provide all the above.

Bardon has the best idea I reckon, provided you are clear on your target and have completed your homework.

Good luck.

cheers

thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of Brian PobjeBrian Pobje
    Participant
    @brian-pobje

Orange is a well-established regional hub that boasts a strong, thriving diverse economy.

One of the region’s key features is its ability to sustain a solid economy built on a multitude of economic drivers including, health, education, and agriculture to name but a few.

Orange does not rely on mining but reaps the benefits from a robust mining industry that has committed to long term projects in the area.

Through major expansions in medical, retail, health and mining, Orange is forging ahead and establishing itself as an important and strategic regional center.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Attn Admin.

Duplicated post by me, pls remove this post panel but leave the one above.

My apologies, hit the button twice.

Cheers

thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.