All Topics / Help Needed! / Brunswick locals, talk to me

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of PackerPacker
    Participant
    @packer

To all who may read this and either lives in Brunswick, have lived in Brunswick or knows some one who does I reach out to you for some advice.
    So here it is, I have been to Brunswick around 3 times now and everytime I go, I go with allot of skeptitizm.
    Yet I always leave still thinking I would like to invest here, WHY, I don't know.
    So my question to you locals or well informed readers is this!
    Have you noticed any major change in Brunswick in the last 5 years, with infrastructure even culture or crime?
    If you live there, do you like it? If you don't would you? and if not why not?
    Tell me your favourite parts of Brunswick and your worst.
    I know where the market is sitting with Brunswick it's very topsy turvy with 2 by 2 apartments going for over 550k and houses going for double.
    What is is about Brunswick that has me up at night for the last 6 months, really sitting on the fence here, so I hope with some of your answers I may be able to make a more informed decision on whether to Invest or just come for a beer and a band!

Profile photo of glenntglennt
    @glennt

In my opinion Brunswick seems to have been left undeveloped.
    I have been analysing fringe areas of Melbourne CBD for the last four years for
    IPs. This is a good opportunity to get an investment property now because it is
    only catching on in last the last years.

A number of major building projects are in the pipeline. It
    is very close to the city, and is on some major arterial roads and transport
    leading into the city centre. Especially Brunswick East where it is only 4.5 km
    from city centre it seems prime location for more future development.

The potential for current new property prices to double in
    the next five years is likely due to the current stagnant low prices in the
    area. Demand from investment property especially from WA buyers has increased due
    to the mining boom.

Melbourne prices are lower than Perth and Sydney of similar
    quality and distance from cbd largely due to uncertainty of interest rates.
    Rental demand in Melbourne is strong and will continue due to new migrants and influx
    of overseas workers.

Profile photo of PackerPacker
    Participant
    @packer

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the advice, I'm glad you took the time to write your opinions.
    I must say though I am always Pesimist, so I don't know if it is just what I want to hear or
    Brunswick is a fair buy.
    I went through your posts and sadly noticed you come by some hard luck with an off-the-plan purchase.
    How are you going with that still??
    Sounds like such a warning sign for me, as I am currently in the mix of buying off the plan also (insert evil music)

Are you able to tell me who was the developer and who took the contract for construction?
    It sounds like it got built, so that's ok, but they came in under valued, bummer.
    Than the whole rent guarantee thing.
    I'm new to all this, if they broke there contactual agreement arn't you then entitled to take them to court for all costs lost??
    Anyhow, I need to tread caefully with the purchace i'm looking at also, would like to pick your brain if you got the time,
    your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
    Let me know how you went with the off-the-plan drama.

Regards

Packer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.