All Topics / Help Needed! / Best way to approach owners of potential Development Sites????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of JLtarraJLtarra
    Participant
    @jltarra

Hi there all,

I wondering if anyone has tips on approaching owners of potential Dev. Site.
    I come across a location where any res block that sells within walking distance from town is snapped up and developed with high density unit devlopment.
    There is certain zoning which allows it, but the issue is their is none on the market.
    There a plenty good sites avaliable.
    This is were I was thinking about doing a letter box drop to these houses.

Wondering how most would do this???

Thanks

John

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

You should be able to find out who the owners are from council or similar and contact them directly by phone. This will have much more chance of gaining attention that a hastily organised letter drop and show that you are genuinely interested in purchasing the property.

Cheers,
    Luke.

Profile photo of JLtarraJLtarra
    Participant
    @jltarra

Thanks Luke.

I didn't think too much about a letter drop. It's too easy for someone to throw them out.

John

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Door knocking, that will let you know who is interested.

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

The first thing you learn being a real estate salesperson is that EVERY property is on the market. For the right price. And using this you use the fine art of white lies to get people to put their property on the market.

Its really the same with development.

Make a brochure, plain as possible, stating that you HAVE a developer who is interested in purchasing property in the area and prepared to offer substantial money (dont mention a figure, you'll either preclude or exclude possible vendors). Also mention that as a private transaction there will be no agents fees (some people like that). The other word to use is PROMPT SALE. So someone reading the brochure/leaflet will feel that there is a possibility that THEIR property may be the one you are looking for.

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew
    xdrew wrote:
    … use the fine art of white lies to get people to put their property on the market.

I wouldn't recommend lying as a strategy.

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.