All Topics / Help Needed! / Minimum Requirements to Gain Seperate Title for DA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of therock1therock1
    Participant
    @therock1

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyones knows what is the minimum criteria that needs to be acheived when subdividing a block to gain a seperate title.

I have a block in Ipswich with an existing property and DA approved to battle axe the back block.

I want to split the block and get the title but want to do it with my own cash so I can then leverage the equity in the land to build the new house on it.

Any ideas, hints, suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ben

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

If you are looking to subdivide without changing the ownership of the land the requirements will likely be less onerous that they would be if you were to sell the land. The DA (or TPP) can in essence be considered your permission to subdivide, however, the DA is not in and of itself a subdivision. So, you need to approach your local planning authority (or a private planner) tell them what you've told the forum and plot your shortest route to the outcome: Two titles. If  you were looking to sell the land, the authorities often want you to carry out all or most of the hard works and have the land certified prior to the issuing of new titles. Generally the plan of subdivision is first certified and then can be lodged for registration.

Profile photo of therock1therock1
    Participant
    @therock1

Thanks Christian,
    I have no intention of selling the block its a buy and hold investment.

the info i am getting from my private planner is that i need to have at least the services and driveways installed prior to getting the seperate title.

I have all the engineering drawings approved through council so might approach them to see what can be done.

Would dare say they will want their exorbitant statuory costs before they sign it off though…

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

In order to get subdivision consent, you’ll need to have these works complete as council can’t stop you selling the new block (even if it’s not your intention today).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.