All Topics / Help Needed! / Cyclone Yasi – feel-good investment opportunity

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of MrFairGoMrFairGo
    @mrfairgo

Hi There!

First, thanks to all who enquired after our safety.  Arnie (MrsFairGo) and I drove ahead of the storm 600km, and waited in Mackay until the roads were open and we could return… to a scene of devastation.

Severe Tropical Cyclone Yasi passed directly over our home between Mission Beach and Tully, which included the bulk of our investment houses. (Interestingly, the others are in Laidley and Forest Hill, where we had two with floodwaters through them only last month!)

Our own house is relatively unscathed with only minor damage.  Our big shed where we store reno materials was totalled by a huge tree falling on it, but hey, I needed to clear out that shed anyway.  :)  We have put in claims for ten investment houses that have been damaged in Tully, one will have to be rebuilt I think, about four others had roof sheets torn off and the rest had windows blown out, holes in the side of the house where flying objects penetrated, and fences flattened.

Most people in Tully work in or are dependent on the banana and sugar industries.  Therefore most banana workers are now out of a job.  I have already had one guy offer me his house at 100k, where he had offered it to me at 195k only two weeks before.  It's slightly damaged, but not much.  He has no income now, and just wants to leave town and start again somewhere else.  This is a story I expect to hear a lot in coming months.

At the same time there's an influx of aid and reconstruction workers suddenly needing accommodation, and a mini building boom will shortly commence for Tully, Mission Beach, Cardwell and surrounds.  The already-high Tully rents will probably skyrocket.  Investors have the opportunity to help out in a difficult situation, and at the same time turn a nice profit.

There's much more opportunity than I have cash or credit to pick up, but I have been approved by ASIC for the new license that allows me to offer Joint Ventures, so many of you may want to be in on the action.

Please let me know if you are interested by writing to [email protected].  Put "Cyclone Opportunity" in the subject line so I can isolate those emails quickly, and they don't get swallowed by our spam filters.  :)

Cheers

MrFairGo

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.