All Topics / Help Needed! / New Property Investement guy – Facing problem with the building management/ and realestate management.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Tech4uTech4u
    @tech4u

Hi there,

Recently I've bought the property in the Sydney, CIty – the Summit apartment.

It is an dual key apartment. I am living in one and I am renting another one.

The first question that I've in my mind that The strata title is also managing property, from within the building, but in a different name. But they are just one… The strata office and the realestate desk is at same.

How can they do that?

I am not currently happy with this on side realestate agent and I also find suspecious if they will handle any damange correctly (unbiased). Now I want to give this management to outside but I am again in the following questions:

– What politics you think it can be involved with?
    – Will they make the property management difficult from out side? The swipe keys access for new property management?

In addition, THESE strata title are good for nothing

– All they are doing is to control the over crowding, they ask everyone to show swipe card every then and after. I'd ignored this for 5 times (within 2 months that I am living in) but everytime the security personel is changing I face this dump question.

I really hate that after 10 hrs of job if someone is asking me/ AS an owner to SHOW my access. … !!!

I cannot open main gate without swipe card
    I cannot call the lift without swipe card
    I cannot go to the building level without swipe card

But still they need to see…

I'd a chat with onside manager (again they are same hired by realestate company) and they said that you have to show per by law.

I really find this difficult to live in as it is not only bogging me down with such hassle but also removing my own freedom.. that is in Australia [ are we communist already?? ] !.

Please suggest on what action should I take?

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I'm confused… you are unhappy with living in a building that provides you with security against the undesirable types that roam around Sydney?  Mate, these matters would definitely not be on my radar as "property management issues"

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

What do you mean by 'unbiased' regards to damage – the property managers would have a facilities management contract in place for one contractor to undertake all repairs & maintenance, likewise the on-site property manager would be running the place like a hotel with constant updating of booking sheets/occupancy/issuing of cards etc this is centralised and would have been set up years ago – known as 'management rights'. It is strange that the strata managers are also the property managers as this is usually separate

Profile photo of Tech4uTech4u
    @tech4u
    JacM wrote:
    I'm confused… you are unhappy with living in a building that provides you with security against the undesirable types that roam around Sydney?  Mate, these matters would definitely not be on my radar as "property management issues"

Main issue , as an investor, is the Strata Management + Property Management (Realestate) by them. I really want it to bring this realestate out of the building, away from strata. But I'm concern with the politics and how they can bring things into difficulties.

My basic question is again:
    How strata management can also do Realestate (property management)? How they can open the shop within the building.
    Strata called STM and Property management called ACMP . That is the only difference and rest they are same. I am sure all bucks stop into one door; though they are different by name.

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

I believe that the Strata decide on who operates the building management. What probably happened is that before they sold the apartments, the developer decided that they would grant the property management company exclusive rights to the managemnet of the building. They could do this as at that time they owned all of the units and so controlled the Strata.

Once they sold all of the units, the individual owners share in control of the strata. However the develper has already given exclusive rights of building management to their management arm. So there is nothing you can do until the fixed term building management contract runs up.

Did you know this was the case when you bought the property?? And do you know how long the management company has the contract for?? I think this type of thing is common for new CBD apartment developments.

cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of Tech4uTech4u
    @tech4u
    luke86 wrote:
    I believe that the Strata decide on who operates the building management. What probably happened is that before they sold the apartments, the developer decided that they would grant the property management company exclusive rights to the managemnet of the building. They could do this as at that time they owned all of the units and so controlled the Strata.

Once they sold all of the units, the individual owners share in control of the strata. However the develper has already given exclusive rights of building management to their management arm. So there is nothing you can do until the fixed term building management contract runs up.

Did you know this was the case when you bought the property?? And do you know how long the management company has the contract for?? I think this type of thing is common for new CBD apartment developments.

cheers,
    Luke

Now it is making some sense. Thank you Luke!

No I did not knew these as this is my first purchase and dream to have an apartment in the City.
    I don't know how long they are / or they are going to be but it is a very good point to find this out.

Dump question: where can I find this ? to whom I should approach?

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

Ring the building managers and ask them- if you own a property then you have a right to know.

Luke.

Profile photo of DafnnyDafnny
    @dafnny

Hello,

I was an onsite property manager for the developer of this particular complex they did not do the actual strata collections or meetings but they did the building management side of things.

Property Management and Building Management was done from that same office and if your particular real estate office also runs strata management, their ability to do this is in accordance to their licences.

Swipe cards are controlled by  the building manager, used to control how many cards were given to every owner/ tenant and this was recorded in a special file.

As for damages, your property manager should be in control of damages to the unit and or swipes..

If you were to change property management companies you will only need to give them the notice as per what is on your managing agency agreement it is often 30 days.

Warm Regards,
    Dafnny

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.