All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Dodgy Accomodation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of PoizunPoizun
    @poizun

Ok. The title is a SLIGHT exaggeration but not far off.

Story.

I was/am in Melbourne right now for a holiday as I like in RURAL Victoria and I came to play some poker. So I decided to stay in a HOSTEL format at around $32 bucks a night with 3 other people. Place looked relatively clean and was there for 7 days when I was checking, I was about to walk out the door and I saw a tiny bug on the bed and flicked it off. I did not think anything of it so off I go.

6-8 hours I start breaking out BAD with all these mosquito type bites which INSTANTLY, I think back to that bug. P.S. It was boiling hot so I was wearing boxers only.

Now as the day goes on I was hoping they would go away but alas, they are EVERYWHERE. I mean I have to cover my whole body with clothes and not shave to hide them or else I would look like frankstein and thats not an exagerration. Even typing this, I am looking at my hands and they are disgusting. I am so ashamed and depressed of what people must think.

So I saw a doctor and nurse todayu and they confirmed without a DOUBT it was bed bugs and ALOT of them too with multiple bties on the same spot etc etc etc. Basically gotta take this cream etc for 5-6 WEEKS!!!!! Are you kidding. Nope, I am going to look like a freak for that long. My entire holiday ruined and my life for the next 5-6 weeks as I know it. AND I ITCH LIKE HELL. Also i HAVE To be monitored to make sure there has not been excessive venom put into me.

So, I went to the place and didnt lose it but said this is not on, I want some form of compensation because you have cost me 6 weeks of my life because the bed i was on or sheets or whatever was infested with bugs.

They said at very best they will cover the cost of cream to put on that and nothing else and thats it.

Let me tell you. I am infuriated. LEGALLY, forgetting what Ill do with newspapers and internet forums about them, is there anything I can do with the above situation.

pLEASE SAY YES!

p.s. I literally have around 400 bites all over my body.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Might I suggest: "don't stay in dodgy accommodation".

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Bed bugs are a rising problem in Australia and are hard to treat as they live in mattresses and in carpets and floor cracks.
    Steaming the bugs or replacing the mattresses seems to be the only effective method.

visit this site.

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/

and may be

http://www.vcat.vic.gov.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.