All Topics / Help Needed! / How to change Strata Management?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of tyler22tyler22
    @tyler22

I’m currently an investor within a residential complex here in Perth & have not been impressed by our strata company services & fees.
    There fees are the most expensive in the area even though alot of other complexes have the same features.

I have gained quotes from other strata companies & wish to present this to the council of owners. (I’m not on the council of owners) I have contacted one however he is not very active as part of the committee & no other council owner lives within the complex.

Could anyone please advise me on a way to approach this matter & change the strata company?

I was thinking of doing a letter drop in the complex asking owners if they knew of anyone who I may of been able to contact.

The next AGM is march next year, should I just wait till then?

Thankyou for reading.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Also discuss your concerns with the executives on the Body Corporate – advise them of the specific issues that you want the strata managers need to improve upon. Their current rates have been approved/accepted by the previous AGM so there is little you can do other than to call them to comply with the requirements or directions of their management agreement.

Depending upon how long the contract is, the break clauses etc it may be possible to go to tender prior to the next AGM and to appoint new strata managers at the next agm if there is a quorum.

In the meantime, get the exec to hold them to the obligations under their contract.

Profile photo of FinSpecFinSpec
    @finspec

You may find it easier to go to the strata company that you would prefer to use and ask them to talk you through the process.  They should know the law and the processes back to front, and if they want the business, they will hold your hand through the whole process.

Other than that, you need to find out the rules around your strata plan on how to call a General Meeting, get the item on the agenda and maybe even lobby the other owners with relevant information on what you want to do, why etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.