All Topics / Help Needed! / Where to begin….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Earnest1Earnest1
    Join Date: 2010
    Post Count: 1

    Hello everyone!

    I am just about to (hopefully) buy my first property, an apartment in the Melbourne CBD – which I intend to use as a PPOR.

    I have a great mortgage broker, and have financial pre-approval.

    What I want to know is:

    Would you recommend having a building / pest inspection done?  The sellers agent has said that it is unnecessary for an apartment, but I am reluctant to move forward without it.  Am I being overly cautious?

    Can anyone recommend a good conveyancer in Melbourne?

    I'm terrified of making a mistake so any help, or words of wisdom are much appreciated!


    Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Join Date: 2010
    Post Count: 5,069

    You could try checking with the body corporate to see if a pest inspection has been carried out lately. As for the building inspection, I would organise one. Remember, the real estate agent is working for the vendor and not you – for that reason, I wouldn't rely soley on his/hers information.

    In any case, a building inspection on a unit should be a fair bit cheaper than a house.

    Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    Email Me | Phone Me

    Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

    Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    Join Date: 2010
    Post Count: 134

    I agree absolutely, get a building and pest inspection for sure on any purchase.

    Try these guys for an inspection
    And conveyancing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.