All Topics / Help Needed! / Self Property Management

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of PaulliePaullie
    @paullie

Now that I have actually purchased an IP, time now to find out how to manage it.

The tenant is paying $320 a week and is currently on a periodic lease with a property manager.

I want to find out about managing it myself.

I have some idea of what I need to do, but need to learn more.

I'll need to perform a condition inspection and arrange a new lease agreement as well as arrange the deposit to be transferred.

Now how to do that, and what else do I need to do.

Profile photo of PaulliePaullie
    @paullie

Does anyone use any online/offline property management software?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

paulie, there are plenty of different software available eg posh, property manager pro, rentmaster etc, they’ll set you back around $150 so not a big expense.

Tips for young players: the managing Agent is not entitled to commission unless you have signed a management agreement!

For the sake of the exercise, get the agent to carry out the condition report & sign the tenant to a new lease – possibly forego an increase. Have the agent fill in the transfer of bond form. Then terminate the agent.

Get yourself a copy of the rental guidelines from Fair Trading.

If the tenant pays cash/cheque, you will need to issue receipts, eft doesn’t need receipts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.