All Topics / Creative Investing / P/I or Interest only

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Invest4futureInvest4future
    @invest4future

Hi – I'm a new member, my first post

Would like some advice/assurance please thank you

Currently have a PPOR, Value = $200k, 0we $125K and Investment value $220k Owe 208K

I was advised to Refinance current PPOR into Intrerest only, top up and access equity $54k approx

Make 1 payment every 12 months on investment property using equity. $14K approx
    Divert rental payments $845 per month and wages into PPOR interest only loan.. 

Later using the remaining equity towards another investment property?

Hope this makes sense!
    tom

Profile photo of dnshulldnshull
    @dnshull

Hi Tom

Who advised you? your Accountant or m/broker ? Sounds like a complicated setup, did they say  what were the benefits to you for setting it up like this? How would this make it easier to buy another property?

Regards,

Dave

Profile photo of Invest4futureInvest4future
    @invest4future

Hi dave

Who advised you?
    Broker has clients using this system, could also be called loc i guess..

Benefeits would be i yearly payment into I/p intrest only loan reducing intrerest! payed from equity.
    collect your wages and rent and deposit into PPOR interest only, reducing interest and using equity to by another I/p..

Any other comments welcome

Reguards
    Tom

Profile photo of dnshulldnshull
    @dnshull

Thanks Tom,

I would run it by your accountant first, sounds ok to me. Not too diffrent from how my IP is structured.

Good luck,

Regards,

Dave

Profile photo of Nina_10Nina_10
    @nina_10

about Tom’s question, what are the benefits of this type of property investment and will he ever own the property?.
    or is this investment a tax cutting way of saving money only?
    regards
    Nina

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Where are you getting the $14K? Out of your equity? So you put $10K rent in and take $14K interest out? plus other costs?
    I doubt you can make just one payment a year. The interest would keep getting added on each month so it would be more than $14K in the end and you don't have enough equity in the investment..

I don't see the point if your PPOR is interest only.

I know some people divert the rent to their PPOR and use a LOC to pay the interest on the investment property. Thus reducing non deductible debt.

Maybe I have misunderstood?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.