All Topics / Overseas Deals / Dymphnas USA investing course-is it worth it?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of MarketmadMarketmad
    Participant
    @marketmad

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experienxce with Dymopha Boholts USA investing course.

There are a few free  intro nights coming up soon so i assume that a paid course will follow.

Anyone have any experience with her system/course

thanks in advance

Profile photo of StevieCStevieC
    @steviec

Hi marketmad,

I spoke to one of the Results coaches today about Dymopha. The word is that she is legitimate but its also likely to be expensive to use her services. I've put myself down for her one day seminar in Melbourne on 6th Nov. I'll wait and see.

Steve

Profile photo of ricky7ricky7
    @ricky7
    Marketmad wrote:
    Hi All,

Does anyone have any experienxce with Dymopha Boholts USA investing course.

There are a few free  intro nights coming up soon so i assume that a paid course will follow.

Anyone have any experience with her system/course

thanks in advance

Hi Marketmad,

Dymphna Boholt is genuine, I think she is great.
    I'd certaintly buy her book, and I am going to her Perth Wednesday Nov 3 Seminar.
    By the end of the seminar which goes from 9am-6pm, I hope to know enough by then to go
    to the US and start investing.

Ricky

Profile photo of MinimanMiniman
    @miniman

I will also be at the Perth seminar

Profile photo of MarketmadMarketmad
    Participant
    @marketmad

thanks for the feedback

Profile photo of tiroroatiroroa
    @tiroroa

Hi all to the people who are going to Dymphna’s usa seminar,

I would like to be part of her group and share of the fee to enroll the program because there is a special rate for a investment-partner(which is 75% discounted).

After the seminar if you want to go to 3-day Bootcamp please email me and we can discuss in details: [email protected] or leave your comment.

Many thanks,

LEE

Profile photo of TassieJHTassieJH
    Participant
    @tassiejh

I went to the one day session in Adelaide on Monday and can recommend this "freebie".

It would be great to hear from someone who has attended her 3 day courses or better yet – a US student.

I am interested in the 3 day event but a challenge with travel to Brisbane and child care.

TassieJH

Profile photo of sapphire101sapphire101
    Participant
    @sapphire101

Anyone read this from March 2009

about Dymopha and partner…. reference starts at point 7

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/FedJSchol/2009/7.html

Profile photo of J.SimpsonJ.Simpson
    @j.simpson

http://www.bizclaims.com/2010/10/knowledge-source-scammers-jon-giann-and-dymphna-boholt/

I hope you get some results for all your cash, thousands before you have not

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst
    Profile photo of vselleckvselleck
    @vselleck

I attended the Gold Coast day that was presented by Dymphna and found her tax structuring information useful and informative. I was disappointed that her examples were not qualified by naming the city they were in and her guide to where to invest was a general method of research rather than a guide to cities, markets and locations. It seems that information is only revealed to those who sign up for her 3 day boot camp and go on a bus trip to America shopping with her associates and the providers she recommends.

I am a bit over the bait and tease routine used by seminar presenters to get people to enlist. I do not believe that her methods are the only safe way to invest in the US, nor do people have to travel there to do it.

I just spent two and a half weeks in Orlando, Atlanta, Kansas City and Phonix working with my wholesalers and agents to provide quality supply and delivery of properties for our clients and refining our target strategies to allow buyers to get great cash flow, equity in the current market and great growth potential in highly discounted homes. As a result we now have great supply and consistent delivery for our Australian clients, who don't have to get on a plane to buy in the US.

Most of the investors i am speaking to do not have the time to do a three day seminar or a two week trip to the US. I am sure that works for some people, but there are other, easier, safe ways to invest in the US.

I also have a warning for buyers.

One of our contacts recently contracted a property from a well advertised USA property company operating in capital cities in eastern Australia. It was a home in Kansas City at 5631 Virginia Ave that was fully renovated with a tenant on board. Their price was $62,500. We were offerred the same property direct from my wholesaler in Kansas City and had also listed it for our buyers. Our fully delivered price including all disclosed fees was $43,100!

Needless to say this guy was really disappointed and went to get out of the contract, but alas had paid a non refundable deposit upfront. Even though he lost about $1500 he still tore up the contract rather than paying $20,000 too much for the property. I asked my wholesaler about this and he said that these guys buy the properties at the same price I pay and then mark them up when reselling them. Their marketing jacket uses unrealistic comparables to hoodwink buyers into believing they are getting a great property worth more than what they pay.

I get really disappointed when i see good people getting ripped off. I had another call from a property marketing company on the Gold Coast who want to offer US real estate to their database. They wanted to buy properties from us and mark them up by $10-15,000 and on sell them to unsuspecting buyers. A net yield of 18% goes down to 12% immediately when this happens and you cannot hope to resell the property for what you paid for it for years to come.

This has nothing to do with Dymphna, but I want to warn investors to do their due diligence properly to prevent them from getting burned. Ask the company you are buying from if they have an interest in the property directly or indirectly. Search through recent sales records on http://www.zillow.com. Check the comparable sales for the area. Do not believe anything you are told by the marketing company.

I am sure there are hundreds of buyers blissfully unaware of how badly they have done or of how much the buying agent made from them in the deal. We always disclose everything.

We have more than enough buyers using our service at the moment, so do not consider this to be a promotion for our services. Just be very careful when you are out there because the biggest risk is the moral risk posed by people who see their own need for cash more important than your right to fair treatment. We are happy to share information about our experience in the US, so please call or email.

Wishing you all well in your US buying adventure.

Vincent Selleck
    [email protected] / 02 66857888
    http://www.888usrealestate.com.au

Profile photo of TuckerOnePropertiesTuckerOneProperties
    @tuckeroneproperties

Vincent has it correct,

I don’t know Vincent but I do manage a local real estate investor networking and education association in Kansas City and we get 2 or 3 calls at the office every month from out of state and out of country investors who have stories of:

1) want to wholesale a Kansas City House they just got under contract, they are offering for $30,000, I get out of them they are paying $20,000 and I look it up in MLS to see it is selling for $9,000 and needs $40,000 in repairs to be worth $40,000 on average all rehabed and rented.

2) buyers who bought 3 or 4 cash flowing rental properties from a full service company operating out of our city (companies I have never heard of by the way) and when something broke or the tenant did not pay, the full service company was gone to the next mark.

So please check out the companies you are working with and the deals they are offering and their on the ground resources to make sure they are legit resources and not a fly by night. We have 1000’s of vacant houses in Kansas City and we don’t want you to be the proud owner of 2 or 3 that you can’t rent or sell because you paid too much.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.