All Topics / Value Adding / Introducing myself, and my plans for my Value adding portfolio.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of illuminatiilluminati
    @illuminati

Hey all!

I am going to be starting some property investing at the beginning of next year.
    I used to live in darwin for 15 year.
    then a mixture of darwin and adelaide for 5 years.
    and exclusively adelaide for the last 5 years.

So with these two places being my main source of experience and contacts i am in a good position to start investing.

I have $875,000 to use as deposits and have started seriously looking at properties over the last year, and on and off for sometime before then.

In adelaide i have found a large number of properties that can easily be improved, either just with some paint or landscaping, and some others that will need a bit more work… new tiles etc. so this will be my main focus, buying properties with fairly easy value adding via reno. Once i gain some more experience i will branch out into more complex fields.

I have been looking in darwin too, and atm it seems like the market is moving sideways, or slightly down, until plans about offshore deals are confirmed or fall through. But the rents up there are huge! so was thinking about having a couple of rental properties up there purely for rental income. Im looking around the south side of palmerston as it is close to where i used to live and the location of darwins next proposed “city”. so that area should grow over the next few years.

I don’t have any specific questions yet, but i am sure i will soon! But if you have any advice about what i’m doing, or questions! feel free to post them!

I am also thinking of journaling/blogging my property investing adventures for future reference, and will post links once i have started creating them!

I’m looking forward to talking to you all! and hearing about your exploits too!

Cheers!

Luke

Profile photo of morpheusbushymorpheusbushy
    @morpheusbushy

My only question is to ask where you got $875,000 cash from ?! ;-)

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Luke

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with the investing.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of illuminatiilluminati
    @illuminati
    morpheusbushy wrote:
    My only question is to ask where you got $875,000 cash from ?! ;-)

The money is from a few things, inheritance, past businesses, and the stock market. :)

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

You will get better clarity if you start with the end in mind…………

Personally with that amount to invest I’d be doing some developments

Profile photo of IntrigueIntrigue
    @intrigue

If I were starting this journey with $875,000 cash, I would be one happy chicken… wahoooo

Lets count –  yep that 875,000 cents for me… but thats okay, I'll catch you one day

@illuminati
    The Gambler
    Participant
    @the-gambler

Good luck with your plans Luke.
    Nice deposit.
    How's your cashflow?
    As mentioned by another, I'd be doing developments, especially if you have good cashflow.

@illuminati

hey gambler, i am just changing fields atm, i was in the stock market and making good money.
    but pulled my money out a while ago, and 4 months ago put it in a term deposit just so it wasn’t sitting around.

So atm cashflow isn’t good, and that will be my biggest problem with getting loans.
    but i have talked to a few people and will be setting that up shortly and assessing my options.

I will have access to all the money as at feb next year, and plan to start then.
    Developments are definitely where i want to end up, i finish uni half way through next year. where i study construction management.
    So thinking maybe a few renovations till i have the process of buying and selling down. Then move up to developments.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.