All Topics / Help Needed! / Offer Letter Template

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Property PeteProperty Pete
    @property-pete

Hi,

I am looking to purchase my first IP and saw something very promising on the weekend. I have run through the numbers and i would like to put in an offer.

Does anyone have a good template that I can use. I remember in Steve's book it mentioned about putting in a written offer and also had some suggestions of what to put in it (maybe even had a template) but that book is at home and I am away for work this week.

If someone could provide me with a template or some advice on the things I need to mention in the offer I would be very grateful.

Property Pete

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Here are a few to jog your memory.  The precise wording that goes on the actual contract of sale should be discussed with your solicitor.  Be cautious about agreeing to secure finance within less than 21 days.  It is a process that seems to need about 21 days.  Also be very sure to specify HOW MUCH finance you should receive as a bare minimum, and better still, with which bank.  Don't say just "subject to finance".  God help you if you manage to secure only $100 finance on a place.  You'd then have satisfied the subject to finance clause and have to stump up the rest of the cash yourself!

These are examples – you could of course change the number of days settlement you are offering etc.

Subject to:

1. Results of building and pest inspection results that are satisfactory to the buyer within 21 days of the date of sale
    2. That the buyer is able to secure insurance for the property that is satisfactory to the buyer within 21 days of the date of sale
    3. That the buyer is able to secure residential investment property finance of a minimum of 80% (ie $300,000) of the sale figure with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia within 21 days of the date of sale
    4. The buyer is entitled to reasonable access for the purpose of tradesmen measuring and quoting for jobs prior to settlement
    5. The buyer is entitled to access of 30mins per week in the 3 weeks prior to settlement for the purpose of showing the property to prospective tennants
    6. Settlement shall be 90 days (<<insert a convenient precise date of settlement>>)

Any renewed or new lease made on the property between date of sale and date of settlement must be for no less than $350 per week and for a period of not greater than 12 months
    or
    Buyer is entitled to vacant possession

8. This offer expires at 5pm today (<<Insert date>>)

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Property PeteProperty Pete
    @property-pete

Thanks JacM.

They are exactly the type of things I was looking for.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.