All Topics / Help Needed! / Seaford, VIC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of sassy75sassy75
    @sassy75

I think I made my previous post too complicated!

In short do people think I am crazy selling a block of land I have in Seaford (with tenanted 2 bdrm house on it), 700m from the beach?  I bought for $195,000 in 2005 and it is now worth about $360K.  Should I cash in on the profit and buy a family house to live in (we currently rent) or do people think there is more growth in Seaford over the long term?

The block is able to be subdivided and 2 units/townhouses would fit on it.  Does anyone know how much this would cost me to develop?

Do people think Seaford is still good value?  We could buy a family home there for $450K to $500K but would need to sell the existing house.  I want to ensure I am buying a PPOR with good capital growth.

The other option is continue to rent and use the equity to buy another investment property.  I have been looking in Croydon for something under $300K.

What do you think is best for long term capital gain?

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

We live in Seaford bought there a year ago and yes I think you would be crazy to sell as prices are still on the up. I also think you may be surprised as I believe a 2 bedroom house close to beach would be more than $360 – so I think you may have more equity

Profile photo of Solomon10Solomon10
    Participant
    @solomon10

Seaford is only just starting to boom IMO, nearby Frankston has been identified as being a growth area which will steadily increase it's value. I would advise to keep it if it is at all possible for you. As for getting anything for under 300K in Croydon, unless it's a tumble down unit, good luck. Let me know if you find one.

Profile photo of Limited RecourseLimited Recourse
    @limited-recourse

Keep renting and watch your investment property compound into a million dollar investment. A home is not an investment its a lifestyle that costs you money to maintain. You can have a nice home but you need to allow your investment seed to mature first.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.