All Topics / Help Needed! / next..what to do? how much can i borrow?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

hey guys,

as some of you know i purchased an investment property in frankston with my partner last year and i have renovated it and now found tennants for the place. its pulling nearly 5.5% so its not straining our pockets whatsoever and i am managing it myself. So we are out of pocket roughly $50 each.

i am now going to move into a fulltime role where i currently am (part-time earning $33k) now will be on $55k+ and my partner on $30k. So roughly $80-85,000 combined.

i want to move on to our next project but have no clue what to do.. can anyone just throw up some suggestions. After re-drawing about $50,000 equity. should i a) build some townhouses in a rural area (eg bacchus marsh)? b) buy somewhere i want to live in the future (essendon, 2 Br Unit and rent it out for the time being? c) renovate a property in somewhere like brunswick. i have no clue as you can probably tell.

i have not gone to bank to see what i can borrow at the moment as tennants have not moved in yet (2 more weeks) and have uni exams comin up.

anyone? sugestions?

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd
    Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi wealthyjvd

I think all your options are ok.  From my point of view I probably wouldn't go with options "a" and "c" because it'll be quite a long time to payday.  Option "b"' is ok but you've already got one negatively geared property.  Albeit, not negative by much.

Possibly do a little research on the various positive cash flow strategies in the market place.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

yeah im looking at cash flow positive thanks paul – definately no units (or anything <10k) that you can buy and rent for positive cashflow.

may be through value adding though

thanks

anyone else?

Profile photo of number 8number 8
    Participant
    @number-8

I am also not keen on trying to predict where you will live, I have purchased two properties in my life trying to predict where I wished to live at a later date. Needless to say, both were a flop. Yes I made money, but No, I did not live there. i.e. How many children will you have, what promotions will you get from work etc.

http://www.birchcorp.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.