All Topics / Finance / LoC facility on PPOR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of EzEz
    @ez

Hi,
    I have a question I'm hoping someone could help me with before going to my accountant. I have recently setup a LoC loan against my PPOR in the hope to find a second IP soon (also go for pre-approval which hasn't come through yet). However, I was wondering if it would be a bonus to pre-pay interest in advance on my existing IP this financial year. My thought for doing this was to obtain tax benfits this finacial year as we have not yet found a second IP. In the new financial year our incomes are likely to drop a bit so I thought this might be a useful exercise. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of BankerBanker
    Participant
    @banker

You don’t have long to find a property if you want to prepay Interest this financial year.

Approx 7 days to go if you buy with a 30 day settlement…

Profile photo of EzEz
    @ez

Hi Banker, yes, you are correct but I did mean that I wanted to pre-pay interest on our existing IP (not our new one). Thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Same old story as Banker said not much time left.

You have to get your current lender to redo the loan and accompanying documentation to reflect a 1 Year interest in advance loan.

It is not a matter of just drawing down from your LOC and paying 12 months upfront on a standard loan.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of EzEz
    @ez

Hi richard,

Thanks for your comment. I did speak to the bank and they were able to confirm my loan is structured to allow for prep-paid interest only for 12 months…..but I think based on your comments….. I may need to go into the bank to confirm as maybe they have got it wrong. Thanks for your time.

Profile photo of BankerBanker
    Participant
    @banker

I missed the part in the first post saying that it was for an existing property.

Rather than getting a new loan they should be able to complete a variation (switch) from your current loan to a fixed loan (assuming current loan is variable). This should only take a few days. As Richard said; you cant just pay 12 months worth of payments into the loan; it has to actually be charged as interest…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.