All Topics / Help Needed! / building a personal home

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of urbanedgeurbanedge
    @urbanedge

In building a personal home, home buyers should consider some of these things:

1. Internal features
    Since the home buyer will be living in the home, it is important that the internal features and the house plans for the home should be stylish and suitable for their lifestyle.

2. Paperwork
    When building a house, it is important to get the necessary paperwork.

3. Budget
    Since building a house will cost a lot, it is important for the home buyer to set a budget for the home and the house plans.

Profile photo of pinkboypinkboy
    Participant
    @pinkboy

We are currently building our new house.  Slab finished this morning, so payment #2 will come out Monday.  Exciting times.  Still 6 months to go before expected completion, so we have some time to pick and choose colours, tiles, kitchen etc, but my wife is getting in early looking for cheaper deals for fitments etc with the end of financial year approaching.  My uncle is building the house, so he is helping us save as much as we can so we have some good equity straight up so I can purchase again possible around christmas time.

Profile photo of MerryThoughtMerryThought
    @merrythought

Hi everyone,

I am building a double storey investment property through Metricon at Sanctuary Lakes, Melbourne (South West area).

I have purchased the land the end of December '09 and manage to settle in mid Feb.
    I am residing in Sydney and thus far it has been a painstaking slow process in getting the building finalisations on a roll.
    I have done everything I can on my side to try and fasten the process.

The finalisation of my colour selections, electrical and tiling appointments will conclude the end of this month. (reason being that Metricon is fully booked one month in advance, and this was the earliest available date)
    Hopefully after this period, the process would move along alot faster.

The snag with Metricon (and probably any other Builder) is that one cannot get 3rd parties involved to measure and install blinds/shutters etc, while Metricon is building. I have been told that once the keys to my IPar ehanded over, then only can I call them in :(

At the end of the day, one would never be sure whether building an investment property is the way to go?
    I suppose each for himself and you only live once…
    Paying 2 mortgages are no joke!

I do hope that I would be able to get a renter into the house when all is done in the end.
    Cya

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.