All Topics / Value Adding / SUD on LMR unusually shaped 800m2 block in Brisbane Suburb

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of mediafusionmediafusion
    @mediafusion
    SUD on LMR unusually shaped 800m2 block in Brisbane Suburb

Looking at doing an SUD on 800m2 (on 2 lots – separate titles) – LMR zoning (50% GFA) – 25 metre frontage (across both lots – 12.5m each) – with an existing old house well loacted to the front and side of one of the lots.

I can either do a subdivision of the lots into 2 titles and reno/or remove the house and build 1 house or 2 houses.

However – my calculations point towards an "SUD" of the 1 title being more profitable than a subdivision.

2 QUESTIONS FOR ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH SUD DEVELOPMENTS IN BRISBANE:

1): Given that the frontage of the block is 25 metres wide and 33 metres deep – rather than your standard LMR sized block with 17m frontage – is this going to have an impact on the number of houses/townhouses able to be built ? (If it were 800m2 with a normal 17m frontage with small house at front/side – you would be able to place 3 townhouses at the rear of the house). Given the width of this frontage – I'd like to build one at the front next to existing house and 2 at the rear with common driveway down the middle.

2): The existing house though in a great position on block – is in terrible condition and potentially unlivable and not able to be saved with a reno.
    Given that the council originally conceptualized the "SUD" code to allow existing historical houses to remain without demolition while still allowing new development on same block – would they still allow me to do an "SUD" if i demolished and removed the existing house (post war/no demo zoning) and replaced with a removable house in better condition or built a new house – then did the new developments next to and behind this house ?

Or – removed the house and just replaced with 4 new houses/townhouses (narrow ones to fit 2 on the front and 2 at rear with driveway down the middle) ?

I know this is a little tricky, however for someone in the know and with specific experience in SUD's – perhaps its a simple answer/solution.

Obviously I'll engage a planning consultant to work on the DA, however – I hope to get a good idea of what I can do and potential profitability before engaging a planner and designer to really get into the nitty gritty

Hope someone may be able to assist.

Cheers,

David.

Profile photo of DevRealtyDevRealty
    @devrealty

Hi David

It's hard to say without looking at the site properly.  If there is no demolition control then Council shouldn't really worry about removing the old house.  However, it does depend on what other dwellings are around the area, so you may have to use certain materials in construction.

I think the last option of 4 new townhouses on individual lots i.e. devide the block into quaters sounds the best initally.

I know a town planner at BCC so if you want to let me know the address I can get them to have a quick look at what options the council might prefer.

Obviously, your best bet is to consult a Planner yourself as they have probably seen this type of block before.  It might be worth looking at RiskSmart approved Planners etc, (if you haven't already) as the size of your development may qualify for this and will ensure a much faster DA approval time!

you can e-mail me at [email protected] if you prefer.

Cheers

Brendan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.