All Topics / General Property / Time to sell???

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of watsoncwatsonc
    @watsonc

I own an apartment in Surry Hills located very close to Hyde Park Sydney. Purchased 2 years ago for $335k….after some recent research I'm led to believe I could now sell for $400k plus. Very limited stock for sale, similar but smaller apartment than mine across the road selling for $405k.

Steve McKnight does mention that property only goes up in value for 30% of the time.  Have we just had the 30% timeframe of upswing???

Is it time to sell???

Profile photo of watsoncwatsonc
    @watsonc

I guess what I'm asking: is the property market about to flatline for the next several years???

The days of cheap money are now gone.

Profile photo of blackhotelblackhotel
    Participant
    @blackhotel

NSW has been flatline since 2004.It is due for a huge increase in properties (Sydney that is). I reckon properties will increase 15-20% in the next 2-3 years. 7% interest is still very very cheap money.

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

SELLL SELLL SELL
    BUYYY BUYYY BUYYY

It is all media propaganda

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Watsonc

Why not use the increased equity in this property as a deposit on an investment property?

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of djjkdjjk
    Participant
    @djjk

I think we are due for a flatline but I doubt we will see a significant drop in Sydney as demand is too strong. 

Also, what do you mean about property only goes up 30% of the time?  This doesnt make sense to me thats all!

Profile photo of watsoncwatsonc
    @watsonc

The property market doesn't always go up….it also flat lines or even falls. Steve McKnight's book (0 to 260) assumes in general that property goes up in value around 30% of the time.

At this stage I've decided to hold a little longer.  Think there is a tiny bit more growth to come.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa
    watsonc wrote:
    I own an apartment in Surry Hills located very close to Hyde Park Sydney. Purchased 2 years ago for $335k….after some recent research I'm led to believe I could now sell for $400k plus. Very limited stock for sale, similar but smaller apartment than mine across the road selling for $405k.

Steve McKnight does mention that property only goes up in value for 30% of the time.  Have we just had the 30% timeframe of upswing???

Is it time to sell???

How much we you really make after CGT? I would access equity from the property if that is possible.

I am accumulating property in Syd as I personally beleive the Syd market has a long way to go, IR are still low.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.