All Topics / General Property / home buyers grant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of lukey30lukey30
    @lukey30

Hi. Just a quick question, hoping for some help. My partner purchased a property a few years ago and recieved the first home buyers grant. We are looking at purchasing a property together soon. Is there any way I am eligible to recieve the first home buyers grant? We need to get the loan together to secure the level of funds we need and we are using equity in her property as well. I am curious as to whether there is any kind of loophole that allows me to put the property in my name and use her as a guarantor that allows me to recieve the grant? Thanks

Profile photo of yoyo galaxyyoyo galaxy
    @yoyo-galaxy

Hi Lukey,

In order to be eligible for the FHOG, the property has to be under your own personal name, as your partner already used her FHOG, her name must not be on the title.  I am pretty sure that when you take a loan, it has to be the under your own name too. And I don't think you can use the equity in her property unless she refinance, setup a line of credit to withdraw the equity and transfer to your account as a gift. I personally never heard of one person being loan guarantor for another person.

Hope it helps and good luck!

Vivian

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi Lukey – No there is not. You only get one bite of the cherry as they say. No one is eligible that is on the property title that has had any grant benefits before – or is living in marraige or defacto with anyone that has either.  Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.