All Topics / Value Adding / Pre-Subdivision Work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ChengwaiChengwai
    Participant
    @chengwai

Hi Guys

My client has an IP on a corner block with the existing dwelling built on one side of the block – which leaves the other half ready for subdivision. However he is running short of fund with the existing IP mortgaged at 90% already.

He came and asked me if he can start some pre-subdivision work with a few grands to spend. Any suggestions? i.e. To connect the sewage/power/gas? site work? etc…

Can we get a builder to draw a plan for the block ($2K i guess) and use the plan to get it approved from WAPC? (sorry forgot to mention the property is in Perth)

Thanks

Profile photo of GeraldineMGeraldineM
    @geraldinem

Hi William.

Unless I have missed something, it sounds as though the client hasn't yet obtained approval to subdivide from the council?  I certainly wouldn't start any digging or similar without it. Once they have the verbal preliminary concept approval from the council, (which they hopefully did before purchasing, to ensure the land is in the correct zoning, size etc.)  they need a surveyor to draw up the subdivision, then they apply for written consent from the council (WAPC?).  You do hear that this can even improve the value of the property without doing anything further.  I just checked with the 'other half' and he said the surveyor was about $2,700 and included council fees.  Then comes about $1,700 for a conveyancer who processes the titles through Land Titles Office.  There is a $380 odd fee to lodge with the LT Office too.  Sorry I am from SA not having done this in WA.

Hope that was of some help.
    G

Profile photo of ChengwaiChengwai
    Participant
    @chengwai

OK Thanks a lot Geraldine. Um I think this is a better approach.
    I haven't never done a sub-division personally so I didn't dare to comment or advise anything but I guess now the best is for my client to go and see a surveyor for pro advice.
    BTW anyone from WA can confirm if the subdivision is similar to the SA subdivision? any chance that we can get a surveyor's plan loged to increase the value prior to the physical work to be done?

Profile photo of RHPlanningRHPlanning
    @rhplanning

There is a set process in place, which involves making a formal application before you can start works. To make sure you don’t throw away your money you want to get approvals in place first.

If you want help with getting subdivision approval for the second lot and planning approval for second dwelling you can email me [email protected]

Ryan

Profile photo of JeffHomesJeffHomes
    @jeffhomes

like RHP said, talk to a town planner first.

you will be wasting money if you do any work prior to obtaining council approval.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.