All Topics / Help Needed! / Deal or no deal?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Dylan33Dylan33
    @dylan33

How’s this for an offer? Sign up for a house and land package in a growth suburb in Newcastle NSW. After all deductions the builder pays the difference for the first year. I.e. I’ll be negative geared to the tune of $57 p/w which will be paid by the builder for the first 12 months and the finance company for the 2nd 12 months. Deal or no deal? Have you heard of this before? What are your thoughts?

Profile photo of timbo.timbo.
    @timbo.

Initial thoughts are: if it is such a strong area, why do they need to offer these incentives?

Profile photo of LalibellaLalibella
    Participant
    @lalibella

Hi Dylan, no I haven't heard of this offer however there's no free lunch and the cost would definitely be passed on to the purchaser somewhere along the line.
    How do they pay? It may have awkward tax implications as well.

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

Generally, guaranteed returns mean you are paying a premium for the property. They have to get the money to pay you from somewhere.

If it is only $57/week negative (or around $3,000/yr) then you might be better doing some more research and buying a property off a regular vendor and getting a discount of $3,000+ on the purchase price.

Generally if you hear about guaranteed returns, or supplementing cash flow losses then I run for the hills. If it is too good to be true it usually is.

Also…just because they say it is a high growth area doesn’t mean it is. Do your own research.

Plus wouldn’t you want to buy positive cashflow property instead of negative?

Ryan McLean
    http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au
    Positive Cash Flow Properties Are Just A Click Away

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of benc10benc10
    Participant
    @benc10

By any means would this suburb there talking about be Fletcher just outside Wallsend in Newcastle, because there's alot of new residental construction going on there plus new schools. Alot of owner occupier there so not a real demand for renting in the area because young families are moving into the area maybe thats why the developer is willing to pay the difference.
    I agree with ryan look elsewhere and try to get discount of $3000 in better growing under valued suburbs of Newy around Mayfield, georgtown.

Hope this helps

Profile photo of Nathan BirchNathan Birch
    Participant
    @nathan-birch

I would need to see more numbers then $57 per week.

I have a large negative portfolio however this is used for equity gains and the cashflow positive portfolio offsets this, so I can keep purchasing without impacting my lifestyle.

One must ask themself, why am I purchasing this property….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.