All Topics / Creative Investing / Vendor Finance Help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Sean ListerSean Lister
    @sean-lister

Hi Everyone

Can some one help me out with the figures on a vendor finance deal, i want to work out what the purchaser will have to pay weekly to me.

My loan – $261000
    Repayments – $441wk
    interest rate – 7.7%

Selling – $340000
    deposit – 5% ??

when i work it out how i think it should go it comes out at around $800 per week, is this correct?

Any help would be great.

Thank
    Sean

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

Your figures don’t make sense to me.

How much are you selling the house for? How much financing are you carrying back? What percentage are you charging? How quickly does the loan need to be paid off?

If I can get these figures then I can help you

Ryan McLean
    CashFlowInvestor.com

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Sean ListerSean Lister
    @sean-lister

My loan on the property is – $272000
    My Repayments to the bank – $441wk
    interest rate – 7.7%pa
    Loan term 30years

I am selling to my current tenants for – $340000 less 10% deposit so $306,000 would be what i am loaning them.

Not sure what percentage to charge, i think 1.5 – 2% above what im paying?

The more time they have to pay back the loan the less there payments will be, so i guess 30years, i m not to sure?

I havent done anything yet, im just looking for options, and they are interested but want to know what it will cost.

Thanks
    Sean

Participant
    @ryan-mclean

So if you use their 10% deposit to pay off your loan you will be left with
    $238,000 debt
    At 7.7% that is $18,326/yr in interest

If they assume a $306,000 loan at 8.7% that is $26,622/year

If you did interest only on both loans you could earn around $8,000/year

Looking at 30 yr loan

Your repayments – $441/week

Their repayments – $552/week

You could be making $111/week or more if you used the 10% to pay off your loan

Why not look at reducing your interest rate. I know you can get bank west interest rate loans in the early 6%. You would then be paying less on your interest, and charging them the same, thus making more money.

Ryan McLean
    http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au
    Positive Cashflow Properties Are Just A Click Away

Email Me

@sean-lister

Thanks Ryan

Very helpful

my property is in NZ, its on a fixed term for another 12 – 18 months. so i guess at that stage we would get more icome.

one question, can you break down your calculation for working out the weekly payments to $552, i understand interest pa and dividing that by 52 gives your weekly payment, but when i try and work out the principal over 30years divided by 52 its to much, where am i going wrong?

Cheers
    Sean

Participant
    @ryan-mclean

The calculation for working that out is extremely complicated. because every time you pay off the principle, your loan amount changes and therefore pay a different amount of principle off the next week.

I used a loan application on my iPhone, I am sure you can find one online easily enough.

Ryan McLean
    http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au
    Positive Cash Flow Properties Are Just A Click Away

Email Me

@sean-lister
    Profile photo of AndrewBuysHousesAndrewBuysHouses
    Participant
    @andrewbuyshouses

Hi guys

I've done a couple (of dozen) of these, and I work them out a little differently.

I start by working out what the property is costing me per week, and then come up with an amount per week above that I think is reasonable.  I then work out all my figures around that in reverse.

eg, I have a property worth, say, $250K on the open market, with $225K debt on it.  I'm paying 6.5% interest only – $281.47 per week.

Now, I generally want at least $100 per week cash flow, so I stuck $398 per week on this one, just to keep it under the $400 per week.  This was before I had even decided for sure what the total price was, or what the deposit was going to be.

I then decided on a price of $280K, the buyer gave us $5000 deposit, and we worked out the interest rate with $275K as the loan balance.

Could I have gotten more cash flow by adding 2% per annum to my base rate and going from there?  Maybe, but then who's going to pay $550 per week to live in a $250K house??  Probably someone, but not as many people who will pay $400. 

Normally, there is no right (or wrong) answer for these things.  However, if you've got someone who is interested, then the right answer is probably a negotiation with them.  Just make sure you understand your figures a bit better than your originaly post before you get to that negotiation.

Have fun!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.