All Topics / General Property / Which are the best growth location in Sydney to buy first home under $400,000

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of kishorekishore
    @kishore

Hi everyone,

Which are the best growth locations in Sydney to buy first home under $400,000 with area between 300sqm to 500 sqm and the age of the house is between new and 10 years. I know some locations like Woodcroft (town houses) and Quakers Hill.

Any other suggestions….

Regards

Kishore

Profile photo of sam2011sam2011
    @sam2011

very tight budget, i know the cheapest houses and units in sydney are currently in cabramatta and i know its far from one of the best suburbs but surely it has to grow doesnt it :)

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

I do not know anything about Sydney but from what I have noticed as a novice to this state there seems to be suburbs that are experiencing growth out west. Suburbs like Bossley Park, Cecil Hills, Green Valley, Busby
    And possible future growth in Hinchinbrook.
    They seem to follow infrastructure being West Link
    You need to take a closer look and do due diligence at these suburbs rather than take what I say as advice.

Profile photo of startxingstartxing
    @startxing

if you have to go with houses…

I can suggest Auburn, easy shopping, transport everything. But 400k can only get you townhouses, which still good~

In the west, you could only try places like Liverpool, Blacktown,

But if you buy units, there are lots of good choices in good suburbs. Such as Parramatta.

Profile photo of sam2011sam2011
    @sam2011

also if you are looking for good yield worth looking at lakemba, you can still get units for around the 250k mark with a pretty good return.  i read somewhere that the liverpool area is forecasted to grow by somthing like 90% in the next 15 years…could have been from the council website

Profile photo of Investors ZorbaInvestors Zorba
    @investors-zorba
    shahabr wrote:
    also if you are looking for good yield worth looking at lakemba, you can still get units for around the 250k mark with a pretty good return.  i read somewhere that the liverpool area is forecasted to grow by somthing like 90% in the next 15 years…could have been from the council website

I went to the Liverpool City Council site and yes the area will grow by 90K but we are talking the shire which covers 32 suburbs and 300 sq klimetres. don't confuse this with the suburb of liverpool!!

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Anyone want to share the $215 cost of Residex Top 100 report as per the link ?

http://www.residex.com.au/index.php?content=top100

If so, PM me.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of kishorekishore
    @kishore

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your feedback…. especially investors zorba n shahabr

Appreciate it.

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

I am amazed at how many people in this forum are looking for growth…not cash flow.

I feel like Steve McKnight is talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

I want my cash flow+ properties in a growth area.
    yeah i was listening

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Nothing wrong with having a balanced portfolio. Do you think SM has never opted for something that will grow at the same time as being good cash flow? I personally have no problems making equity/profit to fund more properties.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor

If you can afford the additional leverage then why not go for growth?

If you fund a shortfall of lets say $5k per year for 10 years, but then are able to sell one or two properties after that time and have 6 unencumbered properties left over, wasn't it worth the cash flow shortfall?

Now I understand that if you are 65 or 70 years old then this may not be the best strategy, and funding $5k shortfall per annum might not be within everyone's capacity, but it is the best strategy for some people.

Profile photo of kishorekishore
    @kishore
    ryan mclean wrote:
    I am amazed at how many people in this forum are looking for growth…not cash flow. I feel like Steve McKnight is talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Hi Ryan,

If you are looking for a first home, wouldnt you talk about growth first which will lead you to a better cash flow in future. I would understand that if it is an investment property then both cash flow n growth would be discussed.

Kishore

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.